Maintenance Tech II - Day Shift
*** Pfizer now offering $4,000 SIGN ON BONUS for successful hires through June 30 ***Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.What You Will Achieve
The Maintenance Technician II performs maintenance, preventative maintenance, changeovers, adjustments, troubleshooting, minor and major repair of production and process equipment, the general facility, and utility equipment. This position must adhere to all SOPs, cGMPs, and plant quality, safety, and documentation systems requirements. Other related duties essential to these operations or special assignments as required. This position assures electrical and mechanical systems function adequately to minimize down time.How You Will Achieve It
- Reads and interprets detailed blueprints and schematics; as well as, Reads basic relay logic diagrams and ladder logic.
- Uses a milling machine to drill, bore, surface mill and key and size (shape). Uses a lathe to bore, drill, turn, face and dress. Uses a surface grinder, for high precision close tolerance fit, for dies and tooling.
- Uses electrical testing equipment including multimeters, clamp-on current meters, meggers etc. in a safe manner. Uses tools such as portable saws, shears, brake, punch press, drill press and various other saws.
- Remedies machine breakdowns in a prompt skillful manner, minimizing machine downtime.
- Makes useful recommendations regarding improved machine performance.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair of production and or facility equipment.
- Interprets and understand mechanical drawings.
- Troubleshoots basic ac and dc components. (Example: relays, motors, sensors)
- Reads and understand basic electrical schematics.
- Resolves and setup maintenance issues.
- Coordinates maintenance and PM activities with production personnel to minimize downtime.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Will be required to complete MTAP Program.
- High school/GED with no less than 2 years manufacturing plant maintenance/shop experience required.
- Associates Degree (or equivalent) in a technical field may be considered in lieu of experience.
- Course work (or equivalent experience) in the general or specific areas of electromechanical technology. Knowledge of the general trades: i.e., construction, electrical, machine shop. Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Must know Mathematic formulas as it relates to problem solving and troubleshooting the preceding components
- Must know general shop safety practices including handling and storage of potentially dangerous equipment.
- A thorough working knowledge of electromechanical systems.
- Ensuring adherence to all plant safety rules in area of responsibility.
Stand up to 8-12 hours per shift, sit for up to 2-4 hours per shift, twist at waist 10 times per hour, regularly lift up to 20 pounds per activity 5 times per shift, occasionally lift a maximum of 50 pounds per activity 1 time per shift, walk, climb stairs, climb ladders/walk on catwalks
Use computer terminal 1 hour per shift, respond to visual warning indicators, respond to audible warning indicators, respond to color or special visual indicators, work around moving equipment, work with chemicals, work in hearing conservation area, work on knees occasionally
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work one of the following shift types:
- 6 am - 6 pm or 7 am - 7 pm on a 12 hour 3/2/2 rotating schedule, or a 8 hour shift 6 am - 2 pm, 7 am - 3 pm.
- Must be flexible to work outside of regular schedule/overtime if required to support business needs.
Other Job Details:
Last date to apply: 1/31/2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Engineering#LI-PFE