Office Manager/ Administrative Assistant
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Office Manager/Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the VP, Site Head and the San Diego site. This role requires strong communication skills, enthusiasm to drive and organize engagement activities, the ability to plan and prioritize and to effectively deliver on commitments. Manage schedules, travel, expenses, take meeting minutes, organize leadership meetings, coordinate Showcases, office space planning, process improvement, meeting general housekeeping expectations and site needs. Critical skills include dependability, communication, collaboration, and responsibility for all site-based activities.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, independence and confidentiality in support of the San Diego site to include a wide variety of administrative and office manager duties: administrative front desk duties: greeting visitors, answering phones, checking voicemail, distributing mail, ordering and setting up meals
- Schedule meetings and conference calls as requested, supervising the preparation of materials for meetings as appropriate, managing coordination of information inflow and coordinates events and meeting logistics on-site and off-site
- Manages travel logistics: schedule air/train, hotel, and ground transportation as needed for team members for domestic and international travel
- Reconcile corporate credit card expenses in Concur, prepare monthly reports, maintain back-up documentation, budget/invoice management, track and manage invoices against monthly/quarterly budget for projects in SAP
- Manage check in/out of lab notebooks for Research and Manufacturing departments
- Maintain and update company contact sheet/phone list and manage the San Diego site company event calendar
- Act as the San Diego liaison with other Executives, Office Managers, and team members at other sites
- Ensure conference rooms, break rooms and common areas in all three buildings are always clean and well stocked and order and arrange all company meals
- Manager special projects for the site (Bi-Weekly Showcases) and other projects are required
- Document management – create file folders, spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Contract & purchase order management – submit purchase orders and contracts for internal routing/approval
- Manages temporary office space assignments for visiting Emergent team members based upon business needs.
- Manages office related supply distribution for the site.
- Manages office related tasks for the effective operations of copiers and printers in conjunction with IT
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 5 -7 years of administrative assistant level experience
- A minimum of 5 years of corporate office administration or executive office
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written and interpersonal to effectively partner with all levels within the organization
- Ability to work independently using professional decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a large office setting
- Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
- Adaptability and flexibility to effectively handle changing priorities
- Thorough knowledge of office equipment and software systems including Microsoft Suite-word processing, spreadsheet, Outlook, power point and SAP experience preferred
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.