Senior Associate, AD
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
The Scientist will be part of the highly motivated team of scientists and associates engaged in vaccine development and will contribute to the development and execution of in-vivo and in vitro bioassays to assess potency of vaccine products.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in cell culture, cell-based assay, scientific creativity, problem solving, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Expand fundamental knowledge in vaccinology and immunology disciplines and apply this knowledge and skill to perform a variety of standard activities in the fields of Vaccine and immunoassays Development
- Perform cell-based assay development in a regulated environment; knowledge of quality and regulatory requirements such as FDA, ICH, GLP/cGMP compliance preferred
- Expected to design, implement, conduct, and interpret experiments with minimal guidance
- Perform release and support sample testing as required, in addition to ensuring that testing is within timeline and results are properly communicated and assimilated into laboratory activities and reports
- Contribute to study protocols, data analysis for scientific presentations and write study reports. All work will be conducted in compliance with Emergent’s Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with broad range of analytical methods in addition to cell culture techniques is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Masters’ degree with a minimum of 2 years’ experience or BS in biology or related field with a minimum of 6 years of related experience
• Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on cell culture and bioassay development experience
• Expert knowledge of scientific principles and concepts of bioassay development
• Superior hands-on and problem-solving experience in the bioassay area
• The candidate will have strong technical, communication (oral and written), and computer (e.g., MS Excel) skills
• Excellent organizational ability and working well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment is required
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.