Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Emergent BioSolutions is currently seeking a Warehouse Manager for our Canton location. The successful candidate will have completed a 4 year college degree or have relevant work experience and a minimum of 8 years warehouse experience in a pharmaceutical (cGMP) environment and a minimum of 5 years of warehouse people leadership experience. The ideal candidate will have 5 plus years of SAP experience in a warehouse or distribution environment. Must have knowledge of lean principles, strong leadership and communication skills and a demonstrated application of teamwork principles. In addition, this individual will possess a strong work ethic and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
Emergent BioSolutions is dedicated to one simple mission—to protect and enhance life.
As a global specialty pharmaceutical company, Emergent offers specialized products to healthcare providers and governments to address medical needs and emerging health threats.
We value the diversity that each employee brings, and while we look for people who share our Core Values, we thrive on difference as well. With hundreds of talented employees working around the globe, Emergent is a growing organization with a wide variety of scientific, technical and professional career opportunities worldwide.
Accountable for the overall operations of the Warehouse during all shifts, including operations, personnel, safety, and financial performance. The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing all material and finished product inventories within the warehouse. They are also responsible for oversight of all incoming and outgoing shipments. The Warehouse Manager provides leadership to the warehouse team, overseeing the allocation and performance of their job functions and is ultimately responsible for warehouse operations, inventory control, and distribution activities in accordance with cGMP regulations.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Accountable for daily performance and training of direct reports. Coach and develops personnel to enhance current performance and provides corrective counseling if necessary.
- Ensures efficient cooperation, coordination and integration between the department and other business units.
- Ensure decision making and communication are focused on Emergent’s vision and values.
- Participates in audits with internal (Finance, Quality, HSE) and external (FDA, TSA, HHS, FAA, OSHA) departments and agencies.
- Ensures incoming materials are received, put away, and managed appropriately according to procedure
- Responsible for outbound materials picked, packed, and shipped accurately and according to procedure
- Accountable for outbound shipments sent on-time
- Accountable for inventory accuracy and inventory processes including cycle counts and other inventory audits (Sox Compliance)
- Ensure all records are maintained in accordance with Emergent requirements
- Lead change controls and Corrective Action Plans (CAPAs)
- Create / revise Departmental Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure all Warehouse procedures are kept current and applicable to the operations of the Warehouse.
- Champion safety and 6S. Perform warehouse walk-through to ensure that loading areas, staging areas, isle, and shelving, including cold rooms and freezers are always safe and in compliance (audit ready status) with company procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Complete warehouse safety and audit checklists as required
- Responsible for company truck (Adherence to Maintenance Schedule)
- Maintain and participate in the stand-by program for refrigerators and freezers units alarming after hours.
- Provide input to determine KPI parameter and support data tracking/collection and reporting.
- Perform routine Gemba walks, drive process improvements and ensure a safe working environment
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 4-year college degree required or relevant work experience
- Minimum of 8 years warehouse experience; pharmaceutical (cGMP) preferred
- Minimum of 5 years warehouse people leadership experience required
- 4-plus years of SAP experience in a warehouse or distribution environment
- Knowledge of lean principles such as 6S, 8 wastes, leader standard work, and 5 whys
- Strong leadership and communication skills, and demonstrated application of teamwork principles
- Material handling equipment driving experience
- Good judgment and maturity, and strong analytical skills
- Forward thinker with strong industry knowledge and an ability to identify, synthesize, and act upon strategic information and changes within the environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Previous Cold Chain experience preferred
Interested? Please visit www.emergentbiosolutions.com to apply today!
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Individuals with qualifying medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that may prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.