Deputy Facility Manager
We are currently searching for a Deputy Facility Manager to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a temporary, full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on support and technical assistance and collaborate extensively with program and other groups within the NIH community to support ongoing operations.
- Provide end-user support in determining cause of equipment failure and assist in the development of programs to identify equipment life expectancy and predicted failure.
- Perform visual inspections of building support utilities and equipment. Proactively initiate contact with NIH maintenance group regarding potential issues and maintain list of current projects/tasks through completion.
- Assist with space development plans, staff relocation, renovation projects, contractor oversight, equipment installation, and other tasks as assigned.
- Develop procedures for equipment operation and other procedures necessary for establishing consistency.
- Maintain directly and/or through contract mechanisms, equipment used in support of laboratory operations (Examples: Purified water systems, dedicated air compressor, etc.).
- Evaluate existing systems within the building and make recommendations as needed to better optimize efficiency and reliability.
- Utilize existing electronic and paper-based records management systems and assist in development of new systems to enhance the operating efficiency of the department.
- Self-perform and/or supervise smaller in-house operational support activities.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working within a fast-paced research environment.
- Experience working within the government preferred.
- Hands-on knowledge of utility, mechanical, and HVACR systems, required.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment, laboratory and building operations, construction, workplace safety, and NFPA NEC and life safety codes.
- Ability to use Microsoft office products, Word, Outlook, Excel, Project.
- Ability to lead tasks/projects as well as participate in group assignments.
- Must exercise judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness in carrying out duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage timelines to completion.
- Ability to maintain professional conduct when working with staff and support personnel.
- Must be available for consultation and occasional response to site during off-hours to accommodate emergencies.
- Candidate will be supporting a temporary project. Assignment is expected to last from several weeks but could possibly extend to several months, depending on coverage needs. Candidate must be flexible with scheduling, and willing to work the complete duration of the assignment.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.