We are currently searching for a Budget Analyst to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain multi-year financial models and work collaboratively to assure that Division financial models are congruent with Institute planning models.
- Provide input and assistance in the establishment of an operational budgetary plan for the year of execution.
- Provide input and assistance with the preparation of periodic updates of the operational budgetary plan during the year of execution.
- Formulate and adapt budget planning models to align with scientific opportunities as defined by Division leadership.
- Maintain, update and monitor Division planning and execution data systems and track variances of actual to budget.
- Assist with the maintenance of commitment base tracking systems based upon past and current funding allocations.
- Provide assistance and tracking on a spectrum of budget-related activities, including:
- Multi-year grants programs
- Multi-year contract awards and interagency agreements
- Division leadership and Advisory Council approvals
- Funds management under continuing resolutions
- Managing expenditures on a continuing basis during the End-of-Year process to assure efficient use of budgeted funds
- COVID-19 research resource management and spending activities
- Budget opportunity pool realignment requests
- Assist in the response to budget-related communications requests (press releases, congressional inquiries, etc.)
- Generate and provide appropriate financial data for the Institute budget mission plan.
- Assist in the preparation of Commitment Bases, Budgets, and Strategic Plan Tables (Preliminary Budget Plan components) as required by the program each year.
- Assist in the preparation and reporting of actual financial results as required, each year.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least five (5) years’ experience working with complex multi-component budgets.
- Experience preparing strategic planning models, and mission plans for budget execution.
- Familiarity with end of year close-out procedures.
- Experience formulating future spending projections and planning and managing current budgets under continuing resolutions.
- Experience tracking budget data: grant planning, contract awards/interagency agreement, and other financial management necessities, etc.
- Must have experience using a data system to track variances for actual budget metrics.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.