HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role requires the application of diverse and advanced engineering and scientific principles in support of transportation operations in the Amgen Supply Chain network.
- Actively participate in multi-functional teams to qualify shipping solutions that meet Amgens growing business need, serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for addressing and resolving technical issues or challenges related to cold chain shippers.
- Apply engineering and project-management principles to develop and qualify thermal packaging systems based on quality-by-design approaches and in accordance with GMP procedures.
- Responsible for leading the qualification of thermal shipping systems, perform technical assessment and studies, write technical reports, manuals, specifications, SOPs, and bill-of-materials with minimal direction.
- Manage collaborative relationships with internal customers and external partners, and ensure effective communication with all partners.
- Organizing and managing the databases owned by Thermal Engineering and the shipper- project-request process, and supporting the operation of a unique packaging testing lab.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Engineering professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.Basic Requirements
- Doctorate Degree and 5 years of Engineering experience OR Masters Degree and 10 years of Engineering experience OR Bachelors Degree and 12 years of Engineering experience OR Associates degree and 15 years of Engineering experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or industries that support pharmaceutical supply chain
- Demonstrated accomplishment in manufacturing or supply-chain areas with strong fundamental knowledge on thermal packaging systems, packaging engineering, and/or material science, and/or transportation-quality systems
- Ability to communicate and work with a range of technically and culturally a diverse group of people, to influence them to execute for a common goal and to deliver valuable results that meet high quality requirements within a tight schedule
- Experience in technical presentation, issue organization, and analytical problem solving
- Ability to successfully manage a multitude of tasks concurrently
- Experience in project-management and CAPA/Deviation/Change control process
- Ability to lead the project independently and take ownership & accountability of the work you're doing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills together with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong collaboration, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in thermal simulation and modeling software (ANSYS, SmartCAE) is a plus
- Familiar with the following programs/software: SAP, Trackwise, Minitab, MS Office (Visio, Excel, Word, PPT), CDOCS, Efinity (Arriba), Smartsheets, etc.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
#Operations21Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.