Director of Clinical Science
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead clinical development for 1 or more clinical candidates through Phase 1-3 through facilitation and active discussion in clinical development team activities
- Influence Recursion development program strategy by leading and/or contributing to the Target Product Profile, Clinical Development Plan, regulatory interactions
- Innovate by providing leadership, guidance, expertise to implement modern trial designs that expedite and optimize the drug development process
- Deliver high quality clinical outputs (protocols, Investigator’s brochures, clinical study reports)
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to radically rethink drug development in the service of expeditiously getting drugs to patients who need them
The Team You’ll Join
The Clinical Development Team is an empowered, execution-minded group of professionals responsible for translating Recursion’s innovative science to patients. You will be the lead clinical scientist on one or more development programs providing both hands-on support as well as cross-functional leadership. You’ll collaborate within and across departments to agree on what the most important challenges and capabilities are, then figure out how to get us there. Reporting to the VP Clinical Development, you will be joining a growing clinical development team.
The Experience You’ll Need
- MD, MD/PhD or PhD in a scientific/medical discipline
- Strong drug development knowledge with 8+ years’ experience in clinical development in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology company
- Thorough understanding of clinical development from pre-clinical phases through post-marketing, including for orphan indications and hard-to-study indications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) bridging scientific and business needs
- Experience as a people manager in the clinical development industry
- Proven expert scientific leadership skills demonstrated in successfully executing clinical trials and programs
- Regulatory submission experience in neuroscience and/or rare disease (oncology expertise is a plus)
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
Recursion requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their first date of employment.
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.