Regional Account Specialist, Rare Disease - Atlanta, GA
Territory: Atlanta, GA
Santen is a specialized pharmaceutical company with a 130-year heritage focused exclusively on ophthalmology. With sales in over 60 countries, Santen’s 4,000 global employees work to deliver life-changing therapies that make hope a reality for people facing vision impairment and loss. Santen Inc., located in Emeryville, CA (North America HQ), contributes important research & development and commercialization efforts. This office is home to about half of our 300-total staff in North America, including our Toronto, Canada site and our recent acquisitions of Eyevance Pharmaceuticals (Fort Worth, TX) and InnFocus (Miami, FL).
We are in search of top talent to help us meet our important goals and large growth plans.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is a Regional Account Specialist responsible for achieving sales objectives within the rare eye disease space by effectively implementing marketing strategies and sales plans in assigned region. This role will be responsible for providing current, accurate, and meaningful product information to physicians, healthcare providers, retail/specialty pharmacies, and hospitals/clinics/institutions. The position will report to the National Sales Manager.
PHARMACEUTICAL STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT & COMMERCIAL PLANNING:
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of relevant disease states, products and the competitive landscape, and evolving market trends within the US healthcare sector. Leverage this knowledge to establish strong relationships with practitioners as a trusted advisor.
- Build productive relationships with pre-defined number of targeted key accounts (hospitals, physicians’ offices, teaching institutions, ophthalmic fellowship programs, etc...) and other stakeholders in and out of the office (staff, specialty pharmacies, etc.) through effective regional management and precise execution to build awareness and generate revenue.
- Clearly understand and implement the marketing plan, accurately articulate the value proposition of the products for rare eye disease, and utilize on-label and approved marketing materials to attain sales/patient objectives for assigned products on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Create awareness and educate key accounts on unique aspects to treating and managing rare eye disease
- Manage patient flow challenges, helping office navigate the process from prescription to insurance criteria to patient access of product
- Demonstrate high level skill in developing and working with National/Regional/Local KOLs
- Analyze sales reports and develop regional business plan to increase sales.
- Utilize available resources in a planned manner to drive sales with key accounts.
- Achieve and/or exceed market share and volume goals
- Work cross functionally to address and resolve any concerns that may arise (e.g., product quality, access, reimbursement, distribution, etc.)
- Fosters team effectiveness and accomplishments by sharing knowledge, experience, and information.
- Comply with all legal/regulatory guidelines of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, OIG guidelines, and all other applicable federal and state regulations
- Keep up to date on latest developments within disease state such as changing market trends within the healthcare marketplace
- Successfully completes all Company training classes.
- Completes administrative duties in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Attend and represent industry conferences
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5+ years of pharmaceutical or medical device sales experience
- Ability to travel overnight up to 75%
- Eye Care/Ophthalmology experience preferred
- Strong understanding of payer landscape, and the ability to discuss managed care criteria for a high value specialty product’s
- Must have the confidence to navigate through complex institutions
- Must have the ability to work independently and be highly solution-driven
- Must be able to prepare and analyze complex data
- Experience in the planning and execution of launch and push and pull through strategies of new products
- Excellent communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and strong planning and organizational skills are required
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Self-motivation and ability to excel in a team environment
- Valid driver’s license
For more information about our company and the work experience, please visit www.eyevance.com, www.santenusa.com and https://www.santenusa.com/career-culture.