Director HCP Marketing - Migraine
Do you want to join a team where the mission is meaningful, the challenges are complex, and you can directly see the results of your hard work? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
The Director, HCP Marketing will act as the brand team representative for Vyepti marketing in a brand operating model, representing all areas of marketing on this cross-functional, strategic team. This individual will have overall accountability for brand planning in a launch and highly competitive new product environment. S/he will drive the development of the annual brand strategy, as well as lead the team through tactical and financial planning. The individual will lead the HCP team with responsibility for their development through performance management, individual development plans and growth of their marketing capabilities.
- Lead direct reports to strategic and operational excellence by ensuring coordination across the team and maximizing results for the brand
- Manage direct reports across brand work streams including HCP strategy, sales strategies, peer-to-peer initiatives, brand communication to the sales force, and brand planning
- Help the team prioritize initiatives and activities
- Lead, manage, coach and motivate direct reports
- Drive alignment within the marketing team, managing team meetings, the review process and communication between team members
HCP Marketing Strategy
- Collaboratively lead development of brand strategy by utilizing sound marketing principles and available market research
- Proactively consider and identify new strategies, tactics and vendors to challenge the team’s thinking and raise the level of performance, ultimately finding ways to do more with less
- Work collaboratively with direct reports, cross-functional team, and finance to build and manage the HCP marketing budget
- Use segmentation to drive call plan targeting and activity
HCP Marketing Execution
- Work closely with core team, extended team and marketing team to create a tactical plan and budget that will allow for execution of the annual brand strategy
- Partner with sales and cross-functional team members to monitor the progress of the brand and adjust, when necessary, to increase revenue and achieve overall brand success
- Responsible for vendor selection and management of vendors for HCP marketing
- Coach team to establish ways to measure impact, reports results, and adjust plans accordingly
- Ensure all marketing projects are compliant and have obtained necessary approvals through the appropriate medical, legal, and regulatory process
Cross-Functional Collaboration and Influence
- Effectively implement promotional materials and programs by providing appropriate direction to sales training and the field organization
- Develop cross-department support of the brand by coordinating with sales, sales training, market research, market access, medical affairs, HEOR, public relations, and other marketing functions
- Collaborate with sales leadership, sales training and the sales teams, as well as other cross-functional groups to: communicate brand strategies, ensure all groups are aligned with the brand critical success factors, and monitor the progress of the brand
- Partner with medical, legal and regulatory affairs to communicate reasons for strategic and tactical plans, obtain concept buy-in before developing a new initiative, and working collaboratively to successfully launch initiatives
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Accredited Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years of sales, marketing or other relevant commercial or analytical experience
- 6+ years of pharmaceutical/medical/healthcare product brand marketing or other pharmaceutical/medical/healthcare product commercial leadership experience
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills as well as having the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Proven ability to influence and align others to drive brand prioritization
- Strong knowledge of, and experience with managing operational budgets and plans
- The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof upon hire, or request a medical or religious accommodation
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- MBA or master’s degree
- People leadership experience with direct reports in pharma marketing, sales, or commercial function
- Experience and knowledge of U.S. marketing and brand management
- Infusion sales or marketing experience where various sites of care are utilized (i.e. in-office infusions, ASOCs, home infusion, etc.…)
- Neurology, pain and/or migraine experience
- Product launch or indication expansion experience particularly in a crowded therapeutic category
- Experience managing performance of an in-market, promoted brand
- Background in biosciences as demonstrated on the job or through educational training
- Knowledge of the AMA, ACCME, PhRMA and FDA regulations associated with promotion and industry-supported scientific education activities
- Willingness/Ability to travel approximately 30% domestically; international travel may be required
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.