The candidate will be an experienced lab-based research scientist with knowledge of molecular biology, mammalian cell culture and virology. The incumbent will conduct various antiviral assays and cytotoxicity assays in BSL2 and BSL3 labs. In addition to high technical competence, the incumbent understands and will articulate program objectives, experimental results to address a problem or evaluate a process/procedure. An ability to collaborate within department and across multidisciplinary teams is essential. The candidate will be expected to share and present research results in program meetings and contribute to the appropriate documents (reports, standard operation procedures, and publications for peer review).
- Work independently in a team to plan, execute, analyze results, trouble-shoot, document, summarize experiments, and ensure high data quality.
- Conduct virus infection studies and culturing of cell lines.
- Work in BSL2 and BSL3 labs on antiviral assays required.
- Design and carry out assays to test antiviral activity, cytotoxicity, mechanism of action.
- Carry out virus drug resistance tests.
- Work as a team member in developing working hypothesis, develop and validate assays, and actively involved in data interpretation.
- Present results in internal meetings, scientific conferences, and author study reports and publications.
- Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience, or BS with 5+ years of experience preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment, or relevant academic experiences in virology or small molecule drug discovery and R&D using state-of-the art technologies.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team.
- Proven delivery of objectives in a complex matrix environment.
- Skills in cell and virus culture, recombinant molecular biology technology and qPCR are must haves.
- The candidate will be expected to generate and deliver robust data packages under tight timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to write protocols and reports are required.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and statistical software including GraphPad Prism is essential.
- Prior experience in BSL3 environment is preferred.
- Ability to perform large number of assays in 96- and 384-well plates and compile the data appropriately
- Ability to search and interpret the scientific literature and translate it to the own required experiments
- Ability to sit for a longer time at a Biosafety cabinet.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Work on bank holidays and weekends might be necessary on occasion.
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development