IM Health & Science Professional -CV HSP Mount Pleasant, TX
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues can grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer has a deep heritage and leadership in Cardiovascular Disease, and we are committed to providing breakthroughs that change patients’ lives. An integral part of Internal Medicine, the Cardiology Team’s mission is to bring breakthrough therapy for patients suffering from NVAF or VTE.
The CARD Health & Science Professional (HSP) is responsible for launching new products, deciding upon best strategies to manage business relationships, understanding formulary access, and engaging in product promotion within assigned accounts. The Health & Science Professional is charged with sales efforts and relationship development with assigned customers and accounts, including Therapeutic Area Specialists and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
The HSP should possess customer, market and business acumen combined with strong product and disease state knowledge; demonstrate strong sales, promotional and strategic business development and management skills and in-depth customer engagement expertise in both virtual and in-person settings, utilize a systematic approach to virtual engagement (e.g., clear agenda, next steps/follow ups); have outstanding communications skills and be adept in the operation of digital and virtual tools/multi-platforms skills; with the ability to effectively work remotely in collaboration with cross-functional internal teams to address customer needs and compliantly deliver on Pfizer business objectives.
• Ability to effectively identify and implement the most efficient virtual/in-person engagement strategies by customer to maximize overall effectiveness and impact. Develops and implements effective business and territory call plans and adapts based on self-identified opportunities and insights.
• Effectively builds rapport and relationships with customers across virtual and F2F environments; maintains a methodical approach toward call objectives (e.g., clear next steps and appropriate documentation, managing to KPIs); utilizes current digital tools effectively (e.g., Veeva Engage, Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Office) as well as adapts quickly to new/beta tools (e.g., digital triage app) for successful customer engagement; leverages analytics to assist with developing insights and next best action plans
• Compliantly engage key customers to grow business and drive product demand by proactively providing education that, in colleague’s judgment, best meet HCP and patients’ needs
• Develops and delivers relevant, targeted messaging utilizing approved materials via customer engagement to drive product demand (ask the HCP to change their prescribing behavior/close sales) and leverages account priorities to drive a positive business outcome; proactively provides insights for the development of new and innovative approved product messaging and resources
• Leverage’s product and disease state knowledge to appropriately educate providers on unbranded and branded product value proposition for relevant patient populations and effectively utilizes approved clinically oriented disease state information, as applicable)
• Works effectively with HCPs and provides information to office staff to plan for customer engagements in multiple formats (e.g., virtual and in-person)
• Responsible for strategic deployment of approved Pfizer resources to support provider and patient’s needs (e.g., samples, vouchers, co-pay resources and patient education); works effectively across multiple virtual engagement platforms based on customer preferences/compliance guidelines; able to integrate guidance from management and other support functions (Marketing, Strategy) technical solutions (e.g., content recommendation engines) into pre-call planning; proactive planning and optimization of call environment in multiple locations; able to effectively plan day-to-day work based on personal and customer schedules; collaborate effectively with other Customer-Facing (CF) colleagues and Pfizer Connect team members
• Appropriately support patients’ access to Pfizer products by providing relevant information to HCPs on Reimbursement, Patient Assistant Program (PAP), Pfizer hub programs, and Co-Pay Resources
• Present terms of sale of product or existing contract terms where appropriate and with approved language; proactively answer on-label questions; proactively introduce customers to future state Pfizer on-demand portal (Galaxy) with access to appropriate targeted content
• Collaborates effectively and compliantly with cross-functional colleagues, including Field Medical, Reimbursement and Key Account Management, to address customer inquiries and advance Pfizer objectives. Able to use triaging protocols and digital apps to create rapid connections with appropriate SMEs to address customer inquiries
• Effectively use calendaring tools, leadership goals, and personal insights to address customer priorities calls effectively; and bring insights from customer surveys to leadership to improve model
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 2 years of previous sales experience
• Have a history of marketing, promotional or sales success, strong territory management skills, outstanding communications skills, as well as demonstrated teamwork, leadership ability and accountability
• Must live within 25 miles of the border of the territory
• Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• 1 year of pharmaceutical, biotech, medical marketing, promotional, sales, or relevant experience
• Must live within the territory
• Experience with Cardiology disease states, therapeutic area and products
• Knowledge of posted territory customers and markets (prescribers/HCPs/institutions/organizations)
• Develop comprehensive territory/account/customer plans to drive achievement of desired objectives.
• Strategically overcome obstacles to gain access to difficult to see health care providers and customers.
• Cultivate relationships with KOLs; build lasting relationships with top priority customers
• Assess needs of target physicians/accounts, Address needs with responsive approach, targeted skills, and appropriate resources
• Demonstrated success in marketing, promotional, sales, technical and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated track record of assessing account needs and bringing relevant information and resources to drive performance
• Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving, strategic thinking, data analytical skills and project management skills, as well as excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Demonstrated ability to engage, influence and support customers throughout the marketing, promotional and sales process, excellent communication, and interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and embrace new ways of working in a rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrated track record of strong leadership, cross functional leadership, collaboration, and effective utilization of available resources to drive performance.
• Experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations preferred.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to Pfizer’s long-range technology adapting and learning to use new technology to deliver in bringing Pfizer information to market
• Change agile and able to adapt quickly to workplace changes
• Exceptional time management, and planning and organizing skills
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to travel to all accounts/office locations within territory
• Depending on size of territory and business need, candidates may be required to stay overnight as necessary
OTHER JOB DETAILS:
• Last Date to Apply for Job: January 28, 2022
• Additional Location Information: Remote – selected candidate must reside within the identified geography
• Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Sales#LI-Remote #LI-PFE