Research Support Scheduler
This position will organize and schedule the range of support provided by Comparative Medicine on a daily basis to partners in Research and Development in the delivery of technical support, experiments, procedures, protocols or studies involving animal models. This position will ensure efficiency of support is optimized for the FTE resource defined as being available by the CM Management. All responsibilities should be performed in compliance with applicable local and/or global regulatory standards. All duties require minimal supervision.How You Will Achieve It
- Schedule and approve requests for research support, including optimizing the resource allocated by CM management to deliver technical support to project teams on a daily basis. Liaising with the Operations Manager to look ahead at schedules to ensure resource is available to account for absences (e.g., vacation, sickness, leave).
- Support the project teams in both Research and Development by monitoring technical procedures in the conduct of experiments and protocols and standards, positive habits and behaviors to co-workers.
- Interact with the key in vivo contacts in project teams to understand their needs, engaging them in a flexible and constructive manner.
- Contribute to operational excellence by the collection/collation of metrics showing the efficient delivery of support across projects teams, including alignment with colleagues in CM in the delivery of technical support and its associated metrics when required.
- Conduct business supporting the collecting, recording and exporting data in the delivery of studies.
- Set a workplace standard through leading by example, showing mastery of all SOP’s, regulatory guidelines and Pfizer policies. Exemplify workplace process reviews to ensure optimized resource utilization and operational efficiencies across the program.
- Maintains appropriate records in compliance with regulatory and departmental standards, this may include maintaining animal study related records.
- Associate's Degree
- At least 3-4 years of experience working in a laboratory animal setting.
- Strong technical-scientific background and demonstrated ability to perform in vivo techniques is required.
- Experience and understanding of in vivo study execution with an emphasis on site-specific models is preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, calendar management and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to use on line systems such as time tracking and document management (e.g. SharePoint, Activity Tracker, Office Tracker).
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and ability to organize scientific data for project teams.
- Ability to demonstrate level of technical skills and abilities.
- Bachelor's Degree
- AALAS certification
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Position will require candidate to work some overtime.
- For this position, candidate will be expected to enter the nonhuman primate areas as part of the job responsibilities. A pre-hire requirement will be to either provide proof of measles immunity or receive the measles vaccination before hire.
- May be required to work under one of the following: the United States Department of Agriculture Animal Welfare Act and associated Regulations and Standards, the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals, Good Laboratory Practices, Public Health Service Policy and/or AAALAC accreditation standards.
- This is an essential personnel role: Essential Personnel are defined as the staff that are required to report to their designated work location, to ensure the operation of essential functions or departments during an emergency, as determined by Pfizer, or when the business has suspended operations. There are some individuals who may be required to perform essential services remotely and those individuals will be identified in advance and notified by their supervisors, but in most cases Essential Personnel are required to be on-site during an emergency or suspension of operations.
Other Job Details
- Last Date to Apply: January 31st, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development