Maintenance Tech 1 - Day Shift
*** Pfizer now offering $4,000 SIGN ON BONUS for successful hires through June 30 ***
Why Patients Need You
Our breakthroughs would not make it to the hands of patients without our pharmaceutical manufacturing team. We rely on a team of dedicated and agile members, who understand the importance and impact of their role in Pfizer's mission. Patients need colleagues like you who take pride in their work and always look to improve outcomes. You will help to ensure that patients and physicians have the medicines they need, when they need them.
What You Will Achieve
The Maintenance Tech I is responsible for performing routine maintenance, preventative maintenance, change over’s, adjustments, and repairs of production and process equipment, for the facility and/or utility equipment. This position must adhere to all SOPs, cGMPs, and plant quality, safety, and documentation systems requirements. Other related duties essential to these operations or special assignments as required.
How You Will Achieve It
- Read and interpret detailed blueprints and schematics
- Operate small hand and power tools in a safe manner.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Work effectively with various levels of employees.
- Learn department and company policies and procedures
- Work independently with minimal supervision as required.
- Ability to understand changeover, adjust, PM, and repair manufacturing equipment.
- A working knowledge of basic mechanics, drive systems, and lubrication principles
- Ability to work safely with electrical and electronic principles.
- Ability to use a voltmeter to test for power presence.
- Will be required to complete MTAP Program.
- High School Diploma required.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- Knowledge of the general trades: i.e., construction, electrical, machine shop. Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Must know general shop safety practices including handling and storage of potentially dangerous equipment.
- Ensuring adherence to all plant safety rules in area of responsibility.
Stand up to 8-12 hours per shift, sit for up to 2-4 hours per shift, twist at waist 10 times per hour, regularly lift up to 20 pounds per activity 5 times per shift, occasionally lift a maximum of 50 pounds per activity 1 time per shift, walk, climb stairs, climb ladders/walk on catwalks
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Must be able to work one of the following shift types:
- 12 hour 3/2/2 rotating schedule: 6 am - 6 pm or 7 am - 7 pm
- 8 hour day shift: 6 am - 2 pm, 7 am - 3 pm.
- Must be flexible to work outside of regular schedule/overtime if required to support business needs. May require OT and work on non-scheduled days given production.
Other Job Details:
Last date to apply: 1/28/2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Manufacturing#LI-PFE