Global Partnership Supply Manager
The Manager Global Partnership Supply, under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Supply Chain, willplay a critical role in driving Amgens commercial expansion and advancement of pipeline products through support of external collaborations.
Specifically, the Manager will drive Global Partnership Supplys regional business performance measurements for commercialization of early-stage, late-stage and marketed programs to ensure Amgen has the right operating process framework to bring these collaborations to life. In this role, the Manager will oversee current business process execution while identifying and enabling opportunities for future improvements to drive productivity and value. This work requires close partnership with Amgen manufacturing sites, Global Supply Chain, Business Development, Quality, and finance and accounting organizations.
- Part of a multinational and multicultural organization that is committed to professional development. Reporting to the Partnership Supply Senior Manager within the Global Supply Chain Organization; accountable to advance and sustain a robust Operating Framework with responsibility for:
- Driving Partnership Supply business performance reviews and execution of associated metrics with development of key insights to be communicated through management.
- Ensuring seamless integration of partner processes and requirements with site and global processes to support an evolving Partnership Supply business model.
- Sustaining effective working relationships with Partner organizations, Amgen manufacturing site, Supply hubs, as well as other Operations and cross-functional teams.
- Work with the Global Partnership Supply team to identify and enable opportunities for business process improvement in conjunction with sites and cross-functional global groups.
Develop, manage, and report performance metrics for partnered product portfolio and manage all associated business processes within an Operating Framework with focus areas including partner forecast adherence and demand variances, physical / financial flow, product life cycle management, and training / on-boarding in support of commercial supply collaborations. Manager will be a part of the Global Partnership Supply group and work with the team to develop and prioritize the following activities.
- Create metric dashboards to support communication of key business insights and risks to line management
- Lead business performance review meetings for the Global Partnership Supply team including maintenance of metrics specific to partner forecast adherence and variance, product supply (on-time, in-full), artwork adherence, and launch
- Work across the Global Partnership Supply Leads to refine and manage a regional variation management process for partnered products
- Review partner artwork requirements with Global Partnership Supply Lead, Site Commercialization Leads, and Artwork Leads to establish a forecast and enable prioritization
- Ensure partners are complying with artwork change management processes across manufacturing sites
- In close collaboration with the Amgen JAPAC capability build team, optimize Partnership Supply Order-to-Cash related processes to avoid risk of supply disruptions
- Ensure the Partnership Supply Regional Variation Management framework appropriately captures active life cycle management activities and impact to supply strategy and effectively ensures alignment between Global Partnership Supply and impacted functions
- Drive continuous improvement of life cycle management processes including launch and post approval changes
- Perform periodic reviews of Partnership Supply team training adherence and on-boarding requirements
- Demonstrates cultural awareness & sensitivity
- Displays fortitude and perseverance when working cross-functionally
- Understand basic principles, concepts, theories of supply chain
- Guides successful completion of a cross-site, cross-functional initiatives
- Distills complex information into a logical, concise message for line management
- Communicates effectively with line management on a prepared and ad hoc basis
- Familiar with development, maintenance, and usage of key performance metrics such as on-time in-full delivery and demand forecast variability
- Ability to develop and maintain metrics in a dashboard format such as Smartsheet, Tableau or equivalent software
- Project management skills with past exposure to high performing teams
- Anticipate challenges and seek opportunities for continuous improvement
- Develop solutions to a variety of problems of moderate complexity
- Attends professional conferences to maintain expertise
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience AND
- Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities with ability to handle large data sets, evaluate and reconcile reports and resolve data integrity issues
- Knowledge of Amgen product commercialization and lifecycle management framework
- Independently manage day-to-day operations and execute in a high performing environment with moderate supervision
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage diverse, global stakeholder groups and manage process improvement and projects with multiple, cross-functional deliverables
- Strong project management skills with past success in influencing without direct authority
- Anticipate complex problems and integrate data/information from multiple sources to develop value-added solutions
- Proactively communicate with management and team members regarding issues, risks, and project/action plans
- Drive effective decision-making and issue resolution by balancing perspectives of internal/external stakeholders
- Experience in regulated manufacturing or supply chain setting
- Experience with demand/supply management, including forecast/planning, order-to-cash processes, and jurisdictional control
- Demonstrated experience in ERP environments including SAP
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Tableau and SmartSheet
- Strong communication and listening skills verbal/written, horizontal/vertical
Up to 10% domestic and international travel
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.