Material Coordinator Supports Amgen Thousand Oaks B31 Distribution Teams by performing tasks associated with picking, reviewing, and processing materials required for the shipping of biopharmaceutical products. This position requires strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP's), the ability to accurately complete documentation as well as the operation of Powered Industrial Vehicles (PIVs). Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to: Picking Clinical Product from SAP inventory locations as required by Global Clinical Customer Service (GCCS), Material handling associated with the movement of materials within the warehouse, Staging materials for transport and delivery, Conducting inventory counts and completing inventory discrepancy forms, Completing all transactions in a timely and accurate manner, Consistently follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and departmental policies. Daily workload is accomplished through group effort so the successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, identifying and reporting operational issues and process improvement opportunities. Operating Powered Industrial Vehicles (PIVs), adherence to safe working practices and supporting other warehouse functions related to the shipment of materials per procedures and regulations is required.
- Associates degree and 2 years of experience OR
- 2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 4 years of experience
- Experience working in Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical or Chemical Industries
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs and push/pull heavy loads using material handling equipment
- Must be willing to operate Powered Industrial Vehicles (PIV)
- Understanding of GMPs and SOPs
- MS Office familiarity.
- Polished GMP professional with Warehousing,
- Experience operating Powered Industrial Vehicles
- SAP experience and knowledge
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Smartsheets experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong communication skills
- Solid math skills
- Physically capable and comfortable working in cold environments
- Familiarity with chemical handling & PPE.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.