Sr. Network Engineer
Eikon Therapeutics is a new biopharmaceutical company employing revolutionary technology at the intersection of chemistry, engineering, computation, and biology to discover novel treatments for life-threatening diseases. Eikon’s discovery platform is built on groundbreaking innovations from its founders (Nobel Prize, 2014), culminating in the creation of microscopes which enable real-time, molecular-resolution measurements of protein movement in living cells, thereby unlocking otherwise intractable classes of proteins as drug targets.
What You’ll Do
- Evaluate and adjust firewall ACLs to reduce attack surface
- Partner with network engineering team to manage and secure infrastructure (VPN, wireless, routers and switches)
- Support detection efforts associated with network-based logs via SIEM
- Stay current on recent security news and developments in networking technologies
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant discipline (cybersecurity, information systems, computer science, telecommunications) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of prior security experience, including hands-on experience in network security
- Willingness to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated track record of leading or coordinating major security projects
- Experience managing one or more next-gen firewall platforms (Fortinet, SonicWall, Palo Alto, Checkpoint)
- SASE concepts and Zero Trust Networking architectures
- Secure Web Gateway, CASB, DLP, DNS, DNS over HTTPS
- IdP/authentication, SAML, OTP
- Experience with one or more major routing/switching platforms (IOS, Junos, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and core networking protocols including ARP, DNS, ICMP, DHCP, HTTP(S), SMB, IPsec, TLS, BGP, 802.1x , etc.
- Ability to understand traffic at the packet level, and draw conclusions from packet captures via analysis tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark
Additionally, the following experience/qualifications would be a plus:
- Hands-on experience with at least one major SIEM platform (Splunk, QRadar, SumoLogic, etc.), and one or more IDS/IPS platforms (Snort, Bro/Zeek, etc.)
- Proven understanding of network-based attacks (DoS/DDoS, MitM, reconnaissance scans, etc.) and cloud networking concepts
- Routing, subnetting, split tunnels. SD-WAN, local internet breakout
- Experience in one or more major scripting/programming languages (Python, Go, etc.).
- Some understanding of networking protocols specific to ICS/OT environments
- Relevant certifications are a plus (CISSP, CCNP/CCIE, PCNSE, OSCP, SANS/GIAC)
Eikon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
In accordance with the Company’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace, the Company requires all employees to be Fully Vaccinated with one of the FDA approved COVID-19 vaccines, which includes those vaccines that have received the FDA’s emergency use authorization. You will be expected to be Fully Vaccinated as of your Start Date. If you believe that you are exempt from this requirement under an applicable law or regulations, including Americans with Disabilities Act and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, you will need to contact the Company’s Human Resources group. For purposes of this section, Fully Vaccinated means (i) the completion of the vaccination regimen as approved by the FDA (by way of example, 2 doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine and 1 dose of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine), and (ii) timely receiving booster vaccination, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.