Internship, Manufacturing Associate/BioProcess - Libertyville, Illinois
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments. Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Summer Intern will work on various activities included, but not limited to, produce product, troubleshoot and/or validate equipment, help drive process improvements, help investigate deviations, provide market and other strategic projects.
Primary responsibilities are to ensure the successful time-sensitive GMP manufacture and release of gene therapy products with minimal to zero deviations, promote a culture of quality and compliance while driving a sense of continuous improvement and operational excellence. Complete requisite training as well as all applicable policies and procedures related to the specific job function. The successful candidate will take accountability to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate, so issues can be addressed real time.
- Project based scope could include manufacturing operations, documentation support, continuous improvement, and/or technology implementation.
- Support the product requirements to ensure that all products are produced according to plan.
- Ensure cGMP documentation is being filled out correctly, training is current, and all Quality requirements are being followed.
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards to meet cGMP requirements, CFR's, and internal company policies directly related to the manufacturing process.
- Look for opportunities to implement operational excellence and continuous improvement
- Partner with Quality to ensure a quality and compliant manufacturing environment.
- Enrolled in a 4 year program in biochemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering or life sciences.
- Completed at least two years of college education before beginning the internship.
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following the internship.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in leading projects (preferred).
- Must be able to routinely lift over 35 lbs.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.