BioProcess Technician I
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives. This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapies are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
BioProcess Technician I, is responsible for assisting with the manufacturing operations process at the plant.
- Produce media/buffer preparation.
- Perform manufacturing activities to support routine operations.
- Stock items in the production areas.
- Perform training activities associated with production duties.
- Assist the team with manufacturing led investigations.
- Standardize equipment, clean and autoclaving the production equipment/area.
- Adhere to our organizations' values.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 0 years' experience in a GMP environment.
- Biopharmaceutical training (Bioworks or equivalent) and/or related military training preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift over 35 lbs.
- Must be able to work alternate 12 hour shifts and weekends, as needed.
- Operates in a safe manner in order to avoid injury to self and others.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.