Internship, Supply Chain - North Carolina
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments. Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Supply Chain intern will be responsible for assisting the North Carolina supply chain team in meeting both departmental and corporate objectives. This individual will have the opportunity to become an instrumental part of the daily supply chain activities. This could include data analytics, purchase order creation and maintenance, warehouse operations, inventory management, production planning and improving supply chain business process systems.
- Support Purchasing/Planning department on a daily basis.
- Access, navigate and update QAD enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
- Participate in weekly supply planning meetings (internal and external).
- Assist with internal / global communications on daily topics.
- Perform data collection, spreadsheet creation, and data analysis.
- Assists the Supply Chain Team in tracking raw materials, fixing incoming receipt errors and meeting weekly with suppliers.
- Create and report key performance metrics related to purchasing and inventory management.
- Other Related duties as assigned.
- Rising junior or senior pursuing major in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or Science.
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following the internship.
- Solid analytical skills and self-motivated.
- Advanced user of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously while ensuring accurate and timely completion of tasks.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.