Internship, Process Analytics-TR&D
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Novartis Technical Research & Development Department (TR&D) drives the advancement of adeno-associated virus (AAV) production platform across multiple manufacturing and development sites and manages the development, scale-up, transfer, optimization and characterization of processes for the clinical and commercial manufacturing of both new and licensed Novartis gene therapy products. The Process Analytics Intern supports laboratory operations in experimental design/execution, platform development project planning/execution and therapeutic product program development support. The PA Intern, operating under the direct supervision of senior scientists, executes and documents experimental procedures in support of process development activities supporting investigational, clinical and commercial gene therapy programs.
- Participates in process development efforts under the direction of more senior engineers and scientists.
- Execute experiments and analyze acquired data that contribute to development, optimization of assays to support pipeline projects.
- Participate in exploratory assay development efforts to support onboarding of new analytical technologies or assays to Analytical Development team.
- Perform experiments and analyze acquired data under mentorship.
- Work collaboratively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Maintain good documentation practices and accurate records of experiments.
- Communicate and present results at group and department meetings.
- Currently enrolled in PhD or master's program in molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, bioengineering, biomedical science or a related field.
- Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Must be enrolled in school the semester following the internship.
- Experience with ddPCR, qPCR, HPLC, ELISA is preferred.
- Passion in working at the lab bench.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced and team-orientated environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superb attention to detail and an interest in scientific discovery and technology innovation.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.