Supervisor, Manufacturing GMP Cleaning
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives.
This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapy are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
We use cutting-edge technology to turn promising gene therapies into proven treatments. Imagine the lives you could transform by joining the Novartis Gene Therapy team.
The Supervisor, Manufacturing GMP Cleaning is responsible for organizing, managing, and continuously improving the GMP cleaning operations and process at a manufacturing site.
• Leads and mentors staff.
• Writes performance reviews and annual goals, holds one-on-ones, and handles HR related matters.
• Participates in internal and external strategy and planning meetings, surveys, new business presentations, mobilization, and support activities related to the Critical Environment Cleaning Program.
• First line of contact to all facilities cleaning , GMP & Non- GMP cleaning.
• Ensure site cleaning and gowning programs in compliance with Novartis Standards to maintain site in compliant state for GMP manufacturing of gene therapy products.
• Develops and maintains compliant documentation program to ensure GMP manufacturing and testing facility is in compliant inspection ready state. Programs to include routine walkthrough of GMP warehouse, manufacturing and test labs, to identify, track and resolve housekeeping deficiencies.
• Manages budget and staffing levels to ensure appropriate resources available for both FTE and external service providers.
• Approves vendor invoices as needed and assist in developing and approving necessary service contracts.
• Manages inventory levels for both cleaning and gowning materials as well as supplier contracts or service contracts associated.
• Reviews and evaluates existing cleaning programs, services, makes recommendations to operations team and/or client.
• Maintains compliant procedures and logbooks associated with activities.
• Leads investigations related to cleaning, gowning or housekeeping.
• Authors deviations, non-conformances, and CAPAs.
• Partners with Quality to address these issues effectively and compliantly.
• Coordinates daily operations with scheduling team to ensure cleaning activities align with manufacture and testing operations.
• Develops and reports appropriate KPI for cleaning, gowning and housekeeping.
• Identifies and implements continuous improvement opportunities.
• Other related duties as assigned.
•Bachelors' Degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering or related technical field with 5 years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry or 8 years relevant industry experience in lieu of degree. Or, Bachelors' Degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, bioengineering or related technical field with 4 years of experience in a relevant GTx Manufacturing area of Novartis Gene Therapies.
• Solid knowledge of FDA regulations and GMP systems.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong technical writing ability.
• Ability to motivate and mentor peers, staff, foster a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
• Demonstrated leadership skills preferred.
• Project management skill set with experience in strategic/tactical planning, team building, and meeting budgets.
• Experience managing contract employees or service providers in GMP environment preferred.
• Experience and working knowledge of GxP, and ISO safety cleaning standards.
• The ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed instructions in writing and orally required.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure playbooks and manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
• Knowledge of the Business and Industry marketplace, current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and other critical environment cleaning practices and procedures, applicable laws, health, safety and environmental practices, principles of management and supervision, and department procedures and policies.
• Must be able to lift > 35 lbs.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.