Supervisor, Warehouse (Monday - Thursday; SECOND SHIFT; 6PM - 4:00 AM)
Imagine… 2 weeks after the birth of your child you realize they aren't meeting critical developmental milestones and after months of doctor's appointments you are told your baby has a rare neurological disease that would impact how they would live their lives. This is the reality of parents whose children have Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) and it's the reason why we at Novartis Gene Therapies are laser focused on bringing hope and possibility to those devastated by rare genetic diseases.
The Supervisor, Warehouse, oversees Warehouse Associates of their shift. This is a working supervisor role responsible for making warehouse decisions and addressing or resolving issues based on experience, written procedures and analytical analysis.
- 4X10 work schedule; shift differenial eligible
- Oversees all activities related to receiving, issuing, production/lab support, shipping, inventory control and waste flow in support of the manufacturing site.
- Oversee the Warehouse Associates with day to day tasks and goals to support manufacturing and labs.
- Manages schedules (vacation/sick days/etc.).
- Communicating/assigning tasks within their shift and to relay issues or updates to the Warehouse Manager.
- Trains and coaches staff and conducts annual performance reviews including goal setting, scheduling and monitoring progress of work and assignments/projects.
- Maintains inventory accountability and investigates any variances.
- Supports receiving and shipping activities, along with issuing, kitting, cycle counting and waste flow.
- Ensures coordination between multiple warehouses shifts focusing on proper staffing and inventory movements.
- Supports annual financial budget activities, while monitoring monthly expenditures and understand key warehouse needs.
- Supports strategy planning for the warehouse, implements continuous improvement ideas within shift.
- Ensures efficient shift changes by effectively communicating with other Supervisors and Associates during transition.
- Other related job duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in supply chain, engineering, science, business or other relevant field with 5 years pharmaceutical warehouse experience OR 9 years of pharmaceutical warehouse experience OR relevant B.S. Degree with 3 years Novartis Gene Therapies warehouse or GMP Manufacturing experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with viral gene therapies and/or orphan disease indications is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze issues and summarize outcomes to provide recommendations on compliant path forward; ideal applicant will be required to demonstrate high attention to detail, multi-tasking, and organization ability.
- Proficiency in ERP systems.
- Forklift Certified preferred.
- Forklift trainer preferred.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Novartis Gene Therapies Benefit Summary:
Annual bonus, long term incentive, health insurance, paid vacation/holidays, potential flexible working arrangements (based on role) and an employee recognition program are available for this position, among many other benefits provided to employees of Novartis Gene Therapies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Novartis Gene Therapies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message. #LI-MG1
Need help finding the right job?We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.