Vice President, Head of Late-Stage Transactions
Title:Vice President, Head of Late-Stage Transactions
Company:Ipsen Bioscience, Inc.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage due diligence and structure and negotiate transactions, including in/out- licensing deals, product acquisitions, strategic partnerships and M&A in Oncology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases, focused on late stage assets that will enhance the company’s portfolio.
- Collaborate with EVP, CBO and stakeholder functions (including but not limited to C-level roles, country/regional leadership, Commercial Franchises, R&D, IP, Finance, Legal, Manufacturing and Corporate Strategy) to:
- (a) Establish BD strategy & goals for late stage assets that are aligned with overall business/corporate strategy and objectives
- (b) Ensure high-quality due diligences
- (c) Execute value-add deals
- Lead contract negotiations and work with stakeholder functions to ensure high-quality contracts are negotiated and executed to protect future interests of Ipsen’s business.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of corporate BD through analysis of evolving market and R&D/competitive landscape in Oncology, Neuroscience, and Rare Diseases BD opportunities and provide concise and accurate updates and documentations to senior management (and committees involving members from the Board of Directors when necessary) for deal review and decision-making.
- Deliver accurate and timely updates, and provide customized support to the Executive Vice President, CBO for regular review and decision making at senior management level.
- Maintain professional relationships with potential strategic partners and network with external companies and advisers in the industry including regular attendance at appropriate conferences and other industry events.
- Master’s degree in Science required
- Advanced post-graduate degrees including Masters, Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biology or Medicine ideal; Master’s in Finance or MBA desirable
- The ideal candidate will be a top performing business development executive with minimum of 12-15 years industry experience from a global top biotech or medium-sized pharma company. S/he brings broad experience of BD in the R&D and commercial context. The successful candidate will bring a substantial deal sheet, including in- and out-licensing, M&A, product acquisitions/divestments, and strategic partnerships. With strong business and strategic acumen, the candidate is experienced at structuring associated with biopharma deal making. S/he will be able to manage complex deals and perform solid market, company and product analysis and due diligence. The successful candidate will have proven project management and workflow delegation skills. S/he has a good awareness of the biopharma ecosystem including the deal- making landscape and will have a track record of successfully securing deals as a lead negotiator.
- Having excellent relationship and networking skills, this individual will likely have a well- established network in the pharma industry. Ideally, s/he brings international experience outside the US and the candidate should truly understand the investor and biopharma market and have a substantial and relevant network of contacts. Sensitivity to (and familiarity with) the European and French business culture is an advantage.
- Experience with leading a team