Information Technology Operations Manager
At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Respect, Science, Courage and Collaboration and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
The individual in this role will be responsible for managing IT equipment maintenance, enterprise software licenses and implementing effective and automated workflows for IT services. This role provides advanced support for helpdesk services, including problem management, resolution of service interruptions, and delivering exceptional support to all IT users across the organization. The individual will contribute to the establishment of KPI’s, internal SLA’s and the development of operating procedures for operation and support services.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, support, and mentor a team of Desktop Support Technicians spread over multiple facilities.
- Facilitate, manage, and improve the incident management/sustaining work intake process for Enterprise Technology
- Develop and document internal processes to support and develop operations and to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Assist the Service Desk Manager with problem management activities, ensuring root causes and resolutions (corrective actions and workarounds) are properly captured in Incident and Problem Reports; and ensure that corrective actions are implemented
- Manage and monitor IT Operation’s Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), identifying and analyzing gaps to produce plans of action for ensuring compliance with contractual requirements
- Project manage improvement projects to increase efficiency, lower costs and advance the overall support experience.
- BA/BSc in Information Technology or a related field with a minimum of 10 years’ experience; or
- MBA or MSc in Information Technology or a related field with a minimum of 7 years’ experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT management role
- A minimum of 5 years management experience including management of both budget and a technical team
- Extensive experience with SaaS application Management (Jamf, Okta, Zendesk, GSuite,Box)
- Experience with SOX frameworks
- Experience with GXP Frameworks
- Strong working knowledge of Okta Lifecycle Management
- Analytical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Management of a full-service end-user technical support
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.”
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.