Quality Control Lab Technician
We have a full time Quality Control Technician position available supporting our Quality team open in Saint Cloud, Minnesota. We hold every member of our team to a high standard of excellence – because everyone on our team makes an impact on our success and contributes to our ability to thrive in the rapidly changing environment.
We are looking for a motivated person who is eager to learn and grow as a member of our team. In this role, you will be responsible for performing quality control testing, shelf-life testing, and packaging event evaluations on Microbiologics products in accordance with the appropriate Company Device Master Record (DMR), policies and procedures with the objective to release only production products that meet all of Microbiologics acceptance criteria.
Some key responsibilities in this role include:
- Performing Quality Control Testing on Microbiologics’ products in accordance with appropriate DMR. Products include microorganisms, slides and antigens, parasite suspensions, and molecular. Ensure identification and traceability of material.
- Performing automated and manual testing. Troubleshooting when necessary and reporting problems to Quality Control Technical Lead, Quality Control Supervisor or Quality Control Manager.
- Performing quality checks to ensure proper functioning of instruments, reagents, and procedures.
- Operating testing equipment such as identification instrumentation, enumeration equipment, pH, applying logic and various analytical methods to determine results
- Recognizing when results are out of specification and make appropriate notifications in accordance with procedures.
- Documenting results and tests accurately and in a timely manner according to Company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and validating equipment in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conducting special projects as needed including but not limited to: writing procedures, performing validations, completing Change Orders, conducting training (cross training), and completing non-conforming work investigations.
Who is Microbiologics?
Microbiologics is one of the fastest growing international biotechnology companies in the nation. We are the world’s leading experts and go-to collaborators in biological products and services, focused on protecting the health and safety of people around the world. For over 50 years, we have been partnering with healthcare and life science laboratories, manufacturers, and suppliers across the globe to co-create and provide biological control materials, assay services and consulting for microbiology, molecular diagnostics, and virology. Headquartered in Saint Cloud, Minnesota, we have additional facilities in California, Kentucky, and Michigan.
Our award-winning culture is friendly, collaborative, and supportive, providing endless opportunities for individuals to learn and grow, both personally and professionally. At Microbiologics, we believe that "great vision without great people is irrelevant." That's why we are always looking for great people to join our dynamic, innovative company as we provide the highest quality biomaterials for a safer, healthier world.
We can we offer you?
Glad you asked!
We have a comprehensive benefits package that includes your standard benefits such as health and dental insurance, health savings account (company funded), life insurance, short and long-term disability, and a 401k program with a generous match to name a few. In addition, we are proud to support our team and their families by offering daycare assistance, tuition reimbursement, bonus potential, a competitive compensation and benefits package, and plenty of opportunities for training and growth.
Where is this position located?
St. Cloud, Minnesota
On a map, Greater St. Cloud looks like a group of Central Minnesota communities with the Mississippi River winding through, somewhere between the bright lights of Minneapolis and the starry nights of the Boundary Waters Canoe Area.
Sure, we’re that, but that’s just geography. We are the regional center for commerce, manufacturing, research, healthcare, arts, entertainment, and education. We boast bustling downtowns, major businesses, and good jobs. We have tranquil, diverse neighborhoods, with a cost of living well below that of urban settings. But when urban is what you want, we’re only about an hour from everything the Twin Cities has to offer.
- Mini-Metro of 130,000 people
- Four-season recreation
- Theatre and arts
- Excellent school options
- Family Friendly
- Four colleges
- Lakes area
What makes you a good fit?
Our goal is finding the right individual for our team – we firmly believe that the right person is someone to invest in and invite to join our family.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Four-year microbiology or related degree (required)
- Practical microbiology laboratory experience (preferred)
- Ability to apply logic and skills necessary for measuring, calibrating, and calculating specifications to accurately perform quality testing
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other technical documents or manuals, ensuring that products meet quality standards