Neogene Therapeutics is a pre-clinical stage biotechnology company aiming to change the paradigm of treatment for solid cancers. Our mission is to provide cancer patients with T cell therapies targeting mutated proteins called neo-antigens, which are present on cancer cells as a consequence of DNA mutations. Neogene is developing novel technologies to enable the engineering of ‘designer T cells’ with neo-antigen specificities that display an optimized ability to seek and destroy cancer cells.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with an affinity for (molecular) biology or immunology to support our R&D bioinformatics team as a Junior Bioinformatician. The individual will help further develop our neoantigen-based T cell therapy pipeline and will support ongoing bioinformatic analyses.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the R&D team to support the analysis of experimental research aiming to develop novel technologies to enable neo-antigen based T cell therapies.
- Support the TCR selection facility to analyze patient screens for identification, characterization and selection of personalized neo-antigen specific TCRs.
- Support the development of new tools to be used in our neoantigen-based TCR discovery platform.
- Implement and test analysis pipeline innovations.
- Presentation of obtained results in internal work discussions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- M.Sc. in Bioinformatics or a closely related field.
- Experience with either R or Python and Bash is required. Competencies in additional (scripting) languages are a plus.
- Affinity with (molecular) biology and/or immunology is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with the analysis and interpretation of large scale NGS data sets by common next-generation sequencing platforms (Illumina, Pacific Bio and Oxford Nanopore) is a plus.
- Experience with Dockers is a plus.
- A strong sense of urgency with regards to work duties and the ability to deliver results based on challenging timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate results to a diverse cross-functional audience.
We are seeking a highly-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills. We offer the opportunity to join a highly dynamic growth-stage biotech company. You can expect a collaborative environment created by a team with deep scientific expertise and an industrial track-record in T cell therapies. We value pro-active team-players who pursue their goals with dedication, endurance and a daring mindset. If you share our commitment to make a difference to patients in need, we can provide a unique opportunity to be a major contributor to the success of a well-positioned, well-financed growth-stage biotechnology company.