We are a growing contemporary drug discovery and development company where we “Play to Win” in an industry rich with opportunity. Together, we face challenges and together we win in the delivery of world-class drug discovery and development solutions that impact the health and well-being of people all over the world. There’s an opportunity for everyone at all phases of a career, each individual’s unique skill set has an impact on the work we conduct. If you have the talent and desire to impact the quality of people’s lives, we have the career opportunities to make it happen.
Join us in embracing research and science to impact the health and well-being of people all over the world.
The Senior Pathologist reports directly to the Associate Director, Toxicologic Pathology with responsibilities centered around providing histopathologic evaluation and interpretation of nonclinical experimental and toxicological samples, demonstrating scientific leadership, and participating in client/sponsor communications to ensure client satisfaction. The Senior Pathologist works as an integral part of multiple teams, providing guidance on scientific and technical issues related to study execution, requiring both independent and team-based problem-solving skills. A high level of personal initiative, determination to expand both technical skills and knowledge, organization, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and outstanding customer service are required. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge of toxicologic pathology across multiple species as well as an in-depth knowledge in a specialty area or organ system.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Record and interpret microscopic findings in animal tissues for GLP and non-GLP non-clinical studies, including exploratory, efficacy, and safety assessments; interpret animal clinical pathology data; describe findings of histochemical, immunohistochemical, or other molecular tests in experimental non-clinical samples; perform detailed measurements and cell counts; and integrate microscopic findings with image analysis data.
- Provide integrated toxicologic pathology/pathology reports within the required timeline.
- Serve as a primary investigator, adhere to GLP regulations, and enter pathology findings in data capturing system(s) in accordance with GLP standards for regulated studies.
- Attend necropsies and interpret gross findings.
- Perform peer reviews.
- Collaborate and/or consult with clients, consultants, study directors, study toxicologists, and regulatory officials to ensure study integrity.
- Review protocols, experimental designs, or external data/reports for consultation based on scientific and pathologic expertise.
- Collaborate with internal technicians to provide pathology expertise and assess quality of tissue sections, and histochemical or immunohistochemical stains.
- Support internal process improvement projects and contribute to the training and educational development of colleagues
- Attend scientific meetings and continuing education seminars.
- Conduct all work under applicable regulatory agency guidelines; read, review and comply with company SOPs, company best practices and company policies.
Education and Experience:
- D.V.M., V.M.D., or equivalent degree
- Board certification (anatomic) with the American or European College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP, ECVP)
- Veterinary pathology (anatomic) residency training
- Minimum 5 years toxicologic pathology experience
- Strong, effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to organize and clearly present complex data and concepts.