Research Associate- Ramani Lab
The Ramani Lab at the Gladstone Institute for Data Science & Biotechnology is an interdisciplinary research group focused on developing new high-throughput molecular tools to understand mammalian gene regulation. We develop state-of-the-art computational and experimental techniques to advance our knowledge of how DNA is packaged within the mammalian nucleus, how DNA packaging influences genome expression, and how defects in nuclear packaging contribute to human disease.
We seek to hire a research associate to assist our group in building computational pipelines and implementing data analytical models. Responsibilities include performing genomic and transcriptomic analyses on datasets generated in-house, building analytical models to analyze Illumina and third-generation PacBio / Nanopore sequencing data, and documenting accessible pipelines for the lab and greater research community. The ideal candidate will play an integral role assisting members of the lab with data management, analytical pipeline development, and ultimately, the publication of novel biological methods and results.
This position is ideal for recent graduates seeking to pursue a PhD or MD / PhD in the area of computational biology. Depending on performance and workload, opportunities for independent research may be available. Our lab collaborates closely with multiple other groups spanning several disease areas on the highly collaborative Mission Bay campus of UCSF, and past research associates have successfully matriculated to PhD programs in the life sciences.
· 6 months of experience in a research setting.
· BA/BS in Engineering, Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
· Knowledge of, or experience with, basic techniques and methods required by the position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to manage time and multitask effectively.
· Ability to adhere to all campus safety policies.
· Candidate must meet the requirements by the time of appointment.
· Candidate’s CV must state basic qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
· Experience coding in Python and/or R environments.
· Experience with workflow management systems (e.g. nextflow / snakemake).
· Experience with Bioconductor.
- Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
- Be a part of big ideas and consider Gladstone. Your difference will make a difference in human health.
- Gladstone is an equal opportunity employer.