Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, comprehensive network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practice, we work together to provide quality care close to home for nearly 1 million Virginians. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Carilion Clinic Innovation (CCI) is newly established and set on becoming one of the world’s leading Innovation centers within a healthcare system. Our metrics center on tangibly improving the health of our community through growing and establishing startups, as well as creating next-gen products and services.
The Innovation Analyst (IA) will have the unique opportunity to champion the invention development capabilities and processes at Carilion.
- Innovance (Innovation Advancement Program), a CCI department initiative, provides funding and project management for early-stage projects with high potential for commercialization, enabling development and de-risking of inventions through prototyping and testing. The IA will support project management and funding management for Innovance. The IA will report to and work closely with the Innovation Manager to meet the program goals, objectives and growth plan.
- Additionally, work collaboratively with our internal and regional partners: Carilion Department of Research and Development (R&D), Carilion Human Factors Department, Virginia Tech, Fralin Biomedical Research Institute, University of Virginia, and many others.
- Engage with R&D Team to review project portfolios and facilitate translation of research projects to commercializable invention development projects. Conversely, facilitate collaboration with R&D for invention development projects heading towards clinical testing and trials.
- Lead Marketing and Communications outreach for the department. Participate in events to promote CCI and invention development opportunities.
- Direct, motivate and counsel innovator(s) as appropriate. CCI’s methodologies are anchored in Human-Centered Design, Lean Startup, and Agile so the IA should have a general knowledge of these frameworks.
The role is a growth position, giving the candidate ample space and support to expand their role in invention development and commercialization space.
Ideal candidates can easily shift and ensure continuity between vision, strategy, execution, and metrics. CCI is a tightknit team that is inclusive, trusting, and respectful.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with extensive experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experience: Experience in managing innovation projects, collaborating with clinical experts, or working in research areas in healthcare and related environments. Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in healthcare and project management required. Minimum of one (1) year of experience in medical device development and innovation.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to build rapport and establish relationships through strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet computer software and data analysis.
- Must satisfactorily complete orientation processes.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 92086
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB - Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic ...
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.