Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Hematology
We are currently searching for a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, Hematology to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures.
- Perform both routine and specialized laboratory procedures of moderate to high complexity on blood and body fluids in the Hematology Service; including, but not limited to, specimen handling, specimen acceptability and processing, automated and manual chemistry assays, urinalysis, and blood gases.
- Record patient test results through a variety of data entry modes and retrieve information when necessary.
- Interpret results and relate them to the clinical history of the patient.
- Interact directly with patient care physicians in discussing the interpretation of test results and suggest follow up procedures, which may help answer clinical questions.
- Play a critical role in performing and adhering to Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Quality Improvement (QC/QA/QI) policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Federal laws, regulations and guidelines, as well as State and agency requirements.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and initiate or take corrective action to maintain instrument function and quality, including detection of reagent problems and equipment malfunction. Calibrate, standardize, adjust, and maintain instruments. Identify the cause of common problems and mistakes and make simple repairs.
- Perform proficiency testing in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Adhere to safety procedures to minimize potential of hazardous spills or unnecessary contamination of the lab environment.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results; correct problem or notify senior staff; document all corrective actions taken.
- Organize daily work based on priorities and needs of the laboratory and patients.
- Assist in performing inventory, rotating stock, and maintaining the necessary logs.
- Master’s degree in biological science, chemistry and mathematics or a related discipline. Three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’s degree is equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- Successful completion of a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Laboratory Scientist program accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Minimum of four (4) years full-time experience working in a clinical hospital laboratory, hematology experience preferred, duties will include work in clinical hematology, coagulation, and bone marrow processing.
- Prior experience in flow cytometry, some molecular assays, and special coagulation testing is preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift 10 – 30 pounds.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Work will be performed on a full-time day shift schedule per week and may include weekends or holidays.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.