Senior Scientist, Molecular Pharmacology/Biochemistry
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build - You will help us to construct and lead a world class biochemistry lab that enables assay development and lead optimization of compounds identified by our unique drug discovery platform
- Deliver - Develop targeted biochemical assays which can be used for target-based drug development at scale.
- Achieve - Work with internal and external partners to rapidly deliver high-quality in vitro results to enable decision-making on a rapidly growing portfolio of pre-clinical programs across diverse areas of biology
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, and data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Director, Disease Biology, you will join our rapidly growing team of scientists spanning cell and molecular biology, data science and engineering, dedicated to bringing transformative medicines to patients. Using your knowledge of biochemical assay development, you will design and execute assays which turn the hits identified by our novel Phenomics platform into drugs that can move into clinical trials. These experiments include generation of rapid, robust, reproducible target based biochemical assays which can be used for lead optimization, as well as increasing our understanding of how these molecules function pharmacologically and biochemically, to strengthen our packages for first in man studies.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, pharmacology or similar field of study
- 5+ years of post-doctoral experience in biochemical assay development and scaled execution in an industrial setting
- Experience driving programs through lead optimization
- Experience with a high degree of detail towards projects
- Experience writing and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- GLP/GMP experience is preferred
- Familiarity with data analysis and graphing software, such as Graphpad Prism or Spotfire
- Understanding of structural biology is desirable
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.