Senior Scientist, In Vitro Pharmacology
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Build - You will help us to construct and lead a world class in vitro pharmacology team to enable drug discovery and development at unprecedented speed, for compounds identified by our unique drug discovery platform.
- Deliver - Perform, as well as oversee associates performance of, in vitro biology assays that generate the data that helps us understand and optimize our molecules.
- Achieve - Work with internal and external partners to rapidly deliver high-quality in vitro results to enable decision making on a rapidly growing portfolio of pre-clinical programs in oncology.
- Collaborate - Work in a cross-functional matrix organization with fellow biologists, chemists, data scientists, and data engineers with a passion for drug discovery.
The Team You’ll Join
You’ll join our rapidly growing team of oncology focused cell biologists at Recursion, dedicated to bringing transformative medicines to cancer patients. You will lead a team of biologists to convert novel insights from our platform into life-saving medicines for patients, by providing the data that allows us to move these molecules from screening to clinical trials. These experiments include generation of novel reagents, lead optimization of chemical matter, and development of clinical tools such as efficacy biomarkers and patient identification strategies.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Ph.D. in oncology, pharmacology or similar.
- 4+ years of postdoctoral experience in drug discovery and development in an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated experience in managing associate staff. Willingness to provide both intellectual and hands-on support in the laboratory.
- Ability to write and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Familiarity with data analysis and graphing software, such as Graphpad Prism or Spotfire.
- Ability to design and execute research operating plans with minimal guidance. Strong foundation in translational biology (pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, in vivo pharmacology) preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with both internal and external partners.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.