Senior Financial Analyst
Pulse Biosciences (Nasdaq: PLSE) is a bio-electric medicine company committed to health innovation that has the potential to improve and extend the lives of patients. The CellFX® System will be the first commercial product to harness the distinctive advantages of our proprietary Nano-Pulse Stimulation™ (NPS™) technology. The unique cell-specific effects of the NPS mechanism of action have the potential to significantly benefit patients across multiple medical applications, including dermatology, our first planned commercial application.
We exist to make a positive difference in the lives of patients, physicians, healthcare providers, shareholders and our Pulse Biosciences team members. We take pride in hiring the best and brightest minds to our world-class company. Individuals who are creative, forward-thinking, and who approach challenges with an innovative attitude will excel in our culture.
The Senior Financial Analyst reports to the Senior Director of Finance and will support the Financial Planning & Analysis function and will play a key role in budgeting and forecasting, management reporting, and the development and administration of our global commercial compensation program. This individual will combine relevant experience, technical and analytical skills, a strong business partnering orientation and intellectual curiosity to help drive the company’s global commercialization efforts.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the administration of our global commercial incentive compensation plans including the design and development of the plans, the tracking and measurement of performance against the plans, the preparation of the variable compensation accruals and, in collaboration with Accounting, the management of the payouts to the commercial team.
- Develop and maintain financial and management reports, KPI tracking tools and dashboards.
- Prepare and distribute Budget vs. Actual (BVA) reports and collaborate with department heads to review their actual and forecasted spend and make adjustments where necessary.
- Support the financial planning processes which include the annual operating plan and rolling financial forecasts.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance complex, integrated financial forecast models.
- Support commercialization efforts and new business opportunities by providing insightful, robust and actionable financial analysis and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of Board of Directors and Audit Committee presentations.
- Assist in the administration of our insurance renewal process.
- Other special projects.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics is required.
- 5+ years professional experience in corporate finance, financial planning & analysis, accounting, or a related field with 1+ years of experience in the administration of variable commercial compensation plans.
- Experience working in Life Science or regulated industry preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce.com preferred.
Skills, Abilities, and Other Requirements:
- Proficient knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including strong Excel skills.
- Excellent oral written communication skills and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication, presentation, collaboration, and partnership skills, including synthesizing information for senior management and presenting financial information to a non-financial audience.
- Effective time management, organization and prioritization skills in managing multiple projects with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work conscientiously and with minimal direction, using good judgment, taking initiative to accomplish short and long-range projects, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Ability to work as a team member, multi-task and be very flexible to adapt to the ever-changing work priorities and requirements of a dynamic, fast growing company.
- Highly positive and collaborative individual that excels at developing working relationships, building consensus and fostering trust.
- Requires occasional weekend and evening work to meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.
Pulse Biosciences currently maintains a policy requiring all United States-based employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with applicable law, Pulse Biosciences will consider reasonable accommodations to employees who qualify as required under federal, state and local law where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Hayward, California. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.pulsebiosciences.com.
At Pulse Biosciences, we are committed to providing a respectful work environment to our diverse workforce. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, age, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Principals only; unsolicited candidate submissions from recruiters or third-party agencies will be considered free referrals.