Director / Associate Director, Immunology
Omega Therapeutics is a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering the first systematic approach to use mRNA therapeutics as a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines by leveraging its OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform. The OMEGA™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that controls gene expression and every aspect of an organism's life from cell genesis, growth and differentiation to cell death. Using a suite of technologies, paired with Omega’s process of systemic, rational and integrative drug design, the OMEGA platform enables control of fundamental epigenetic processes to correct the root cause of disease by returning aberrant gene expression to a normal range without altering native nucleic acid sequences. Omega’s engineered, modular, and programmable mRNA-encoded epigenetic medicines, Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, target specific intervention points amongst the thousands of mapped and validated proprietary and novel DNA-sequence-based epigenomic loci, EpiZips™ to durably tune single or multiple genes to treat and cure disease through Precision Genomic Control™. Omega is currently advancing a broad pipeline of development candidates spanning a range of disease areas, including oncology, regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, and select monogenic diseases.
About the Role:
Omega Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a Director/Associate Director, Immunology (commensurate with experience) to join our discovery team to develop and advance our transcription modulation programs, from early development to proof-of-concept and beyond. The successful candidate must be scientifically motivated self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, conducting and critically analyzing experiments. The successful candidate will collaborate with other senior project scientists and research associates to design and complete in vitro proof-of-concept and in vivo translational studies on aggressive timelines.
We are looking for enthusiastic, detail oriented and highly motivated individuals with a passion for bringing novel medicines to patients and who are comfortable working on a fast-paced scientific team.
- Lead all drug discovery research activities from lead generation to IND and contribute to early clinical studies related to the programs
- Play a leading role in selecting new indications in this space for exploratory work (in addition to driving existing projects)
- Work cross functionally towards a continuous output of development compounds which address the unmet medical need in various disease indications within the immunology area
- Build and manage an attractive program portfolio and help to establish Omega as a recognized and competitive company in the Immunology area
- Support and pursue necessary external collaborations, establish in vivo models at CROs including PD, sub-chronic and chronic disease models
- Lead and manage a team of 3-4 and grow the team to appropriately resource a growing program pipeline
- Interface with various teams at Omega: Computational Biology, Formulation, Early Development and the Omega leadership team
- PhD scientist in biology/pharmacology fields with profound knowledge of immunology across multiple indications
- Previous relevant program leading experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery for at least 10 years, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug development in this space
- Has led at least 1 program from early discovery to IND in Immunology; experience with IND enabling studies and compiling regulatory study reports for IND submission
- Proven track record in driving collaborative approaches in drug discovery with internal as well as external partners
- Ideally strong experience in pharmacology and physiology
- Scientific curiosity and ability to think beyond a particular disease indication
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership experience with both line management and matrix environment