Manager, TOPS Financial Planning & Analysis
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all financial planning, analysis and accounting for the Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) function within the Technical Operations (TOPS) organization. The Finance Manager will also support BMRN’s strategic Network Optimization and Strategic Capital Expenditure processes.
The ideal candidate will be a business partner supporting the functional Vice Presidents, cost center managers as well as TOPS and Corporate FP&A management. As part of the TOPS FP&A team, the candidate will manage the budget, forecast and long-range plan process, creating meaningful metrics and analysis to measure financial and operational performance, support make vs. buy analysis, analyze the variances versus the actuals, and look for ways to continually improve the planning process and business partnership.
- Collaborate with TOPS functional leadership and cost center managers to develop long range financial forecasts (LRP), annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Submit and manage LRP, budget and forecast via Anaplan. Prepare analysis and review for management review.
- Analyze actual vs budget/forecast variance and prepare variance review as part of the monthly close process.
- Provide financial reports including budget, forecast, LRP, variance reports and other ad-hoc reports.
- Support the capital expenditure planning and reporting process globally.
- Provide guidance to business managers to support the achievement of financial objectives.
- Support various departments within TOPS depending on business needs.
- Recommend changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect the immediate cost center organization.
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Provide analytical support for ad-hoc financial evaluations, including make vs. buy analysis and strategy development.
- Ensure clear and effective communication between cross functional groups on matters relating to budgeting, capital planning, accounting, and financial analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a Finance or related Business discipline is required.
- A minimum of 5 years Biotech manufacturing finance experience in a FP&A or Accounting role is required.
- A strong understanding of Cost Accounting, and a broad understanding of US GAAP Accounting Principles is required. Candidates with a CPA license (or international equivalent) are preferred.
- Strong analytical, financial reporting and modeling skills are required.
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail, with an ability to independently prioritize, multi-task, organize work assignments to meet deadlines is required.
- Experience with Anaplan, Hyperion Planning, OBIEE reporting, and Oracle ERP is preferred
- Some infrequent travel may be required.
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.