HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will support the travel requirements for senior executives to locations throughout the world. The
Amgen Flight Department currently operates a Gulfstream G-280 and a Gulfstream G-550. We anticipate the delivery of the Gulfstream G-600 in January. The safety and care of our passengers are always our #1 focus. We are Stage 3 certified with the International Business Aviation Councils (IBAC) International Standards of Business Aviation Operations (IS-BAO).
- Check weather, all applicable NOTAMs where available, and determine fuel, oil and oxygen requirements
- Determine the aircraft weight and balance
- Ensure that all flight planning requirements have been met
- Ensure that aircraft crew members have valid licenses, medical certificates, passports and visas if and when required
- Complete an aircraft pre-flight inspection before each departure
- Briefing the passengers in accordance with the requirements
- Operate the aircraft in accordance with operator procedures and aircraft limitations
- Ensure compliance with customs, immigration and cabotage laws
- Complete all post flight duties, including notification to the company of any deviation from the planned itinerary or overnight location
- Record flight times and aircraft defects
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. Amgen is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to serve patients suffering from serious illnesses. The aviation professional we seek is a Senior Captain with these qualifications.
Gulfstream G600 Aircraft Experience
Gulfstream G280 Aircraft Experience
Doctorate degree & 2 years of aviation experience
Masters degree & 4 years of aviation experience
Bachelors degree or & 6 years of aviation experience
Associates degree & 10 years of aviation experience
High school diploma / GED & 10 years of aviation experience
Gulfstream G600 AND Gulfstream G280 Aircraft Experience
- Airline Transport Pilot License, Multi-Engine Land
- First Class FAA physical
- FCC Radio Telephone Operator Permit
- Total flight time - 5000 hours; Pilot-in-Command - 2000 hours; Multi-Engine - 2000 hours; and Jet - 1000 hours; Make/Model - 100 hours (preferred)
- Actual instrument and night time - 10% of total time
- Recent significant long range, international business jet experience
- Aircraft specific experience
- Strong decision making abilities as a professional aviator
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Focus on safety and building a safety-oriented environment
- Ability to work within a structured, standardized environment with an emphasis on professionalism, CRM and world-class standards
- No record of aircraft accidents, incidents, or violations
- Exemplary employment record as evidenced by performance reviews, references, and letters of recommendation
- Indication of progressive career advancement
- Demonstrated ability as a team player
- Ability to work well within Amgens culture of entrepreneurship and diversity
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.