Director of High Throughput Multi-Omics
Recursion is a clinical-stage biotechnology company decoding biology by integrating technological innovations across biology, chemistry, automation, data science and engineering to radically improve the lives of patients and industrialize drug discovery. Our team is working to solve some of the hardest, most meaningful problems facing human health today. Come join us in our mission to decode biology to radically improve lives, while doing the most impactful work of your life.
The Impact You’ll Make
Design, Build, Lead: You will lead design, build out (facilities, people and processes) and operate the high throughput multi-omics (starting with transcriptomics and may expand into other assays such as proteomics, lipidomics, and metabolomics) platform at scale and with high quality. You will partner with key stakeholders from departments such as Automation Engineering, Core Operations, Biology, Data Science, and Engineering to develop strategies to expand our multi-omics capabilities at scale in support of our drug discovery efforts.
Simplify and Create: Once operational, you will continue to push boundaries for what is possible (technically and operationally) through continuous innovation and simplification of our processes.
This role may expand to the scale up and operations of additional molecular -omics assays as we continue to build out our industrialized drug discovery toolbox.
At Recursion, we value curiosity and performing with speed. As a senior leader, you will ensure that we continue to grow/develop talent within our organization and maintain/evolve our “Can-Do” culture.
The Team You’ll Join
You will join a high performing and mission-focused team in Core Ops reporting to the Vice President of Core Operations. This is a dynamic group of people who are tenacious in problem solving and are rigorous in challenging the status quo. It is also an incredibly supportive and collaborative environment. You will regularly partner with an exceptional group of talented individuals amongst your peer group across various disciplines such as: Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, and Data Science.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A background in Biology, Biological engineering, or related field and >5 years of experience working across multiple relevant functions, including systems engineering, high throughput laboratory automation, process development, research core operations, research biology and/or drug discovery.
- Proven experience running and scaling high throughput laboratory operations, direct experience in next-generation sequencing, especially RNA-seq, highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to align on the tactics and strategies needed for successful operations, influence cross-functionally, and promote accountability in a positive and efficacious manner.
- The ability to translate an innovative technology vision into operational reality.
- Experience developing and implementing efficient and effective operational strategies.
- Proven leader with experience recruiting and managing high-performing teams and a reputation for maximizing and growing talent.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline, a graduate degree is desirable.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy as a Full-Time Employee at Recursion:
- 100% Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option, restricted stock unit (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) programs
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter)
- Flexible vacation/sick leave
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Onsite daycare facility** (Salt Lake City)
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute**
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars** (Salt Lake City)
- Monthly fitness/wellness stipend
- One-of-a-kind 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking** (Salt Lake City)
**United States based employees
More About Us
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.