Global Product Line Leader - (Pneumatic Scale Angelus - Clearwater, FL/St. Louis, MO)
About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Global Product Line Leader’s (PLL) primary responsibility is to lead product line development and innovation efforts for the Centrifuge product line in the rapidly-evolving Life Sciences/Biotech space. This role is responsible for defining, developing, launching, and maintaining a scalable product portfolio that results in competitive differentiation, significant market share gains, and organic growth that outpaces the market. This product line serves End Users and CDMOs involved in drug development from Discovery through to Licensure and Commercial Production.
· Work with the President and Global Leadership team to implement and execute on the methodologies and processes of the Innovation Framework that serves as the foundation of the Global Product Line Leadership approach to innovation.
· Perform analysis of and monitor existing and emerging markets for trends that inform innovation efforts for the product line.
· Gather and prioritize product and customer requirements that define product vision and drive engineering efforts to deliver differentiated products that support the company’s overall strategy and goals. Lead Market Requirement Events (MREs) in the applicable markets of Cell Therapy, Gene Therapy, Antibody Therapeutics, and Vaccines/Viral Vectors.
· Work closely with the Sales team to ensure customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
· Leverage a deep understanding of current and emerging market and technology trends, competitive positioning, and customer requirements to identify target markets (industry and geography) for the product line.
· Drive collaboration across the global Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Finance and After-Market teams to translate customer/market requirements into a prioritized innovation roadmap that delivers sustainable, profitable market share growth.
· Identify, assess, and prove-out technical innovations that strengthen the Centrifuge product line’s competitive differentiation and position in the market. Determine the breadth and depth of the product line, with an emphasis on performance and price positioning.
• Identify and report on meaningful trends and establish industry thought leadership by maintaining relationships with key customers and those they serve, impactful industry associations, and vital industry stakeholders and influencers. Lead, assess, and synthesize regular Voice of Customer activities.
• Act as a liaison for Sales and partner with Application Scientists to elevate and promote the overall technical competency and depth within the organization.
• Work with Strategic Marketing to elevate industry credibility and thought leadership, clearly articulate value propositions and competitive differentiation, and position the Centrifuge product line as the superior solution in identified target markets.
• Work with global and regional leadership to effectively allocate resources to deliver global product roadmap projects.
• Define a financial model for product line, establishing 3-year growth and profitability (gross margin) goals and identifying the product mix necessary to achieve the established targets.
• In partnership with regional leadership, deliver annual revenue and EBITDA budget
• Minimum 5 years Product Manager or Business Development leadership experience with proven track record in gaining market share and delivering growth that outpaces the market
• Minimum 5 years of deep industry and/or technical expertise in Life Sciences/Biotech space
• Proven experience leading cross-functional organizations across all levels of the organization (entry-level through President)
• Proven ability to gain the respect and followership from internal team, suppliers, and customers
• Willingness to travel to global locations for customer and industry engagement
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.