Inotiv, Inc., is a publicly listed drug discovery and development company with more than 500 employees at 6 sites. Originally founded in 1974 under the name Bioanalytical Systems, Inc. (BASi), the company was reinvented in 2017 when current leadership launched a new strategic plan and vision to become the preferred, “solutions-oriented” CRO. Our headquarters are in West Lafayette, Indiana.
Inotiv provides contract research services on innovative approaches to drug discovery and development for and with emerging pharmaceutical companies and the world’s leading drug development companies and medical research organizations. By assembling top-class scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as substantial experience and expertise in key therapeutic areas, Inotiv has a strong foundation to continue our unique leading position as a contemporary drug discovery and development company.This role is responsible for maintaining existing networks, implementing new site networks, and planning for future networks at Inotiv. The network infrastructure supports all parts of electronic data transmissions whether internal, Internet or Cloud based systems. This is a hands-on position that will require occasional travel between Inotiv sites to work with corporate as well as distributed IT staff and leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administering/monitoring/maintaining office networks, TCP-IP/VPNs/Firewalls/wi-fi/iSCSI networking and Internet connectivity
- Develop and communicate monthly infrastructure metrics for all systems
- Development/Maintain networking and communications around the global business, based on ITIL framework
- Creating and documenting solution designs with guidance from the Infrastructure Manager
- Working with internal staff, customers and managing suppliers to implement solutions
- Engage in contract negotiations for outsourced implementation projects or development of internal projects to support our network
- Preparing support documentation and providing training to facilitate handover of solutions to the support team
- Evaluate, test, and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to their corresponding infrastructure
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of emerging networking tools and technologies
- Lead and participate in complex infrastructure projects
- Leading internal team on projects to completion, with possible times of travel to sites
- Champion and comply with all change management policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Number of Employees Supervised: N/A
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Technology, Computer Science or related field
- 3 to 5 years of information technology related work experience with extensive focus on physical networking, switching, etc.
- Equivalent combination of related education and required work experience will be considered
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA/Fortinet firewall configuration including NAT
- Experience of design, deployment, configuration and ongoing support of networks
- Expert knowledge of industry standard systems security and virus protection tools
- Substantial experience working in networking industry
- Strong understanding of SOX, GLP, GMP, and other appropriate regulations.
- Ability to solve complex problems quickly and completely.
- Experience supporting remote business locations and the issues associated with supporting distributed organizations.
- Know and understand applicable national and state regulations, with the ability to apply these practices daily
- Strong understanding of disaster recovery development and procedures, and the testing of the defined procedures.
- Extensive experience with Enterprise Active Directory administration of a multi-domain environment.
• Various software applications sustained by a Windowsä platform. (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Firewalls, network switches, other network devices and software
• Various computers, routers, switches, servers, network hubs and other associated hardware.
Characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.