VP, Assistant Corporate Secretary, Securities and M&A Counsel
The VP, Assistant Corporate Secretary, Securities and M&A Counsel will report to the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary and will work closely with legal and finance staff to ensure timely and accurate corporate filings and stockholder programs and events. In addition, the incumbent will be lead counsel on M&A matters, working cross functionally to ensure various transactions are managed with urgency and accuracy and in the best interest of the company.
- Prepare and file all Section 16 reports and manage related matters (e.g., Edgar codes, POAs, beneficial ownership tracking for directors and executives);
- Support the Company's annual proxy statement including preparing initial draft of all the compensation tables within the proxy statement and collecting and reviewing data received from multiple divisions within the Company;
- Support of the Company's annual stockholders meeting including the coordination of meeting logistics and preparation and administration of annual D&O questionnaires;
- Lead attorney in the preparation and filing of current, quarterly and annual Exchange Act reports (Forms 8-K, 10-Q and 10-K);
- Support broader corporate secretary function;
- Lead attorney for certain transactional matters including mergers and acquisitions, stock purchase agreements, financing transactions and related matters including managing the diligence process for such transactions
- Support the Company's shareholder engagement program, including tracking engagements and staying current on stockholder and proxy advisory firm policies;
- Assist in NASDAQ compliance, including preparation of annual and interim certifications;
- Assist in the maintenance and update investor relations website related to corporate governance; and
- Assist with the administration of the insider trading program
- Collaborate with other departments for compensation and benefit matters;
- Perform other related duties and ad hoc projects as required,
- '33 and '34 Act public company reporting experience required;
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience with a public company and/or law firm required. Life Science experience preferred.
- Self-starter who can work with excellent communication, organization and collaboration skills
- Superior attention to detail;
- Ability to coordinate complex tasks with multiple stakeholders;
- Computer proficiency required (MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint);
- Experience with ActiveDisclosure software for SEC filings and BoardVantage electronic board portals preferred
about ovid therapeutics
If you desire to be part of a tenacious biotech team advancing the future of neuroscience, then Ovid Therapeutics may be the right company for you. Located in New York City and Cambridge, Massachusetts, Ovid aspires to answer big questions about rare disorders of the brain. Applying expertise from successful development programs in rare epilepsies, we partner with patient communities and world-renowned physicians to decode the underlying genetic cause and pathologies of neurological disease. We seek the best modalities to deliver therapy to targets in the brain whether they be small molecules to next-generation platforms. Our duty to patients is as real is it is to our own families. Urgency to serve them propels us to venture where others have not and take calculated scientific risks. When others heed to the hard or unknown, we say, find a way.
who we seek
Exceptional life science professionals who value curiosity, collaboration, community, deep care and courage in decision-making are encouraged to apply.
if you need more reasons to join Ovid:
- benefits competitive with big pharma, without the big pharma bureaucracy
- nimble and creative mentality while being well resourced
- accessible leaders and mentors from the world's leading pharmaceuticals, biotechs and universities
- opportunity to shape the destiny of a company on the frontier of medical science
- the knowledge that patients are waiting for us, and the tools to help them lay in our hands
EEO Statement: OVID Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity employer. All OVID recruiting is conducted in a fair and non-discriminatory manner without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.