We’re seeking a Data Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
As a member of our Drug Discovery Data team, you’ll join a group of around a hundred designers, modelers, computational/medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists. Supported by more than a hundred software developers and engineers, you’ll play a key role in accelerating the discovery and development of new medicines for patients with unmet needs. Check out our pipeline here!
Who will love this job:
- A savvy time manager with a working knowledge of application containers like Docker
- An excellent technical communicator who’s familiar with RDBMs and SQL
- A software engineer who has experience with continuous integration/deployment with Git
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the improvement of internal software and processes, which includes early access usage and bug reporting, as well as small-scale development of research and data curation web apps and scripts
- Process and maintain drug discovery group database content, which includes managing confidential data and information according to guidelines, overseeing data flow, curation, and quality, and collaborating with internal or external advisors
What you should have:
- A Bachelor of Science degree with at least two years of data engineering experience OR a Master’s degree with data engineering experience from a thesis
- Experience working with distributed version control (e.g., GitHub, GitLab)
- Deep understanding of Python web-frameworks like Django and/or Flask
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past few months because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.