Digital Customer Interaction Lead, Rare Disease
Title:Digital Customer Interaction Lead, Rare Disease
Company:Ipsen Biopharmaceuticals Inc.
The Digital Customer Interaction (DCI) Lead defines and manages the strategy and execution of digital programs and tactics across our key stakeholders. The Lead is responsible for understanding digital channels, defining customer engagement strategies, identifying best in class innovative capabilities, managing relevant vendors and helping our brands integrate personal and non-personal promotion to create collaborative, meaningful engagements.
This role contributes to the performance of the brands by improving our ability to reach our key stakeholders (Patients, Caregivers, HCPs) to help them better understand our brands, messages, data and role in helping to achieve better outcomes.
Working as part of the DCI Team , the Rare Disease DCI Lead reports to the Head of Integrated Customer Engagement who interfaces with brand team leadership, sets the strategic direction and prioritizes workflows. In addition, the person in this Lead role interacts directly with Cross Functional partners across the organization to identify, develop and launch programs that support our patients.
Key internal partners include Brand/Marketing Teams, Commercial Information Management & Enablement (CIME), which provides our technology “backbone”, and Commercial Excellence. External partners include our Creative and Media AORs and relevant third-party providers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a diversified, growing, mid-size biotech in a role where entrepreneurial spirit and desire to make an impact will lead to success.
- Establish and serve as subject matter expert regarding digital channels and capabilities, including the establishment of best practices and standards toward shared brand performance metrics and goals
- Understand and align with Franchise and Brand Teams on objectives and customer needs to help identify, design, and execute powerful, high-impact digital customer engagements
- Oversee and provide digital leadership to Rare Disease Business Unit across owned and paid digital media, including but are not limited to, Websites, SEO, SEM, Display, Email, Video, Social Media, Analytics and Emerging Channels and Technologies
- Lead integration of non-personal, digital engagement with personal promotion to a create true Omnichannel environment
- Establish processes and governance to leverage digital customer engagements and performance insights by applying best practices and standards, and soft-aligning with Procurement
- Sponsor digital projects in Ipsen Promotional Review Committee (PRC) process, which provides for Cross-Functional review of all promotional material
- Identify emerging vendors and manage existing vendors of digital capabilities in collaboration with brand teams and their vendors
- Facilitate interactions between Ipsen CIME and Digital Customer Interaction vendors to define data requirements and govern vendor compliance
- Maintain documentation of program certification and compliance related to stakeholder information, patient safety and privacy.
- BA/BS is required; MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
- 5 to 10+ years of pharmaceuticals, biotech and/or life sciences experience is preferred
- 5+ years of experience within digital marketing required; having both Client and Agency experience is a plus with 3+ years of pharmaceuticals, biotech and/or life sciences experience highly valued
- Deep understanding of multichannel marketing tactics and digital channels, including but not limited to email, websites, webinars/webcasts, digital media programs, paid search, SEO, social media, mobile apps
- Experience creating Omnichannel programs combining personal and non-personal promotion preferred
- Understanding of PRC process and regulatory limitations of the U.S. biopharmaceuticals market
- Experience designing multichannel customer engagement strategies grounded in understanding of customer journeys
- Experience managing and driving accountability with agencies to develop and execute digital tactics and campaigns
- Experience working with cross-functional teams with diverse skill sets and backgrounds is required
In order to maintain a safe work environment, Ipsen requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against the Covid 19 virus at the time of employment.IPSEN is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.