Sr. Packaging Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Sr. Packaging EngineerLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this role you will report into the Packaging Engineering group under Final Product Technologies in Amgen. The position will support global supply, new product introductions, partnerships/acquisitions and devices.
This position applies physics, engineering and chemistry principles coupled with advanced and diverse materials science understanding and principles to assist in the evaluation, design, qualification and implementation of packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes.
A strong knowledge of common materials used in pharmaceutical packaging is required. Key Material knowledge requirements of the structural components and chemical properties of glass, polymers, adhesives, inks, varnishes and paper is required. Understanding of packaging manufacturing equipment and processes and how materials interact with these are crucial to the position.
This role requires junior level management, excellent organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to constantly evolving environment.Job Responsibilities:
This position is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Management of junior engineers and contingent workers.
- Evaluation, recommendation and selection of new packaging materials for both large and small molecules product.
- Assessing complex problems relating to materials, recommending and implementing solutions
- Write test protocols, perform technical evaluations and submitting technical assessment reports to justify the use of selected materials
- Write Technical Specifications
- Representing Final Product Technologies as required
- Technology transfer from clinical to commercial or from site to site for packaging components and equipment processes
- Establish priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates
- Lead and present new packaging ideas, concepts and design ideas to the Product Development team.
- Ensures cGMP and regulatory compliance are met
- Ensures that change control procedures are followed working with QA and Regulatory to implement changes
- Participants in Pre-Approval Inspections (PAI) and interact with regulatory bodies (e.g., FDA, EMEA, etc) as needed
- Collaborates with multi-functional teams (i.e. Research, QA/QC, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and commercial activities.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek will possess these qualifications.Basic Qualifications
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree & 3 years of packaging experience OR
- Bachelors degree & 5 years of packaging experience
- Associates degree & 10 years of packaging experience OR
- High School Diploma/GED & 12 years packaging experience
- MS in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or packaging Engineering
- 7 or more years of packaging materials experience with 4+ years within the Pharma/Bio industry
- Leading teams
- Independent thinker with demonstrated skills working in teams or leading project teams
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.