Talent Development Sr. Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Talent Development Sr. ManagerLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. In this vital role you will integral part of driving talent development across the Amgen workforce as they work
Amgen is looking for Talent leader to drive career development solutions for the future. This Talent leader will lead the design, implementation, and evaluation of the programs and platforms that deliver a comprehensive, end-to-end capability that drives movement and momentum for every career entry and pivot point for our internal talent. This role will provide substantial opportunity for both vision and execution of capabilities that promote employee skill and role aspirations; deliver tools for mentors and learning; provide managers a vehicle to recommend projects and assignments. A key responsibility for this role would be to drive the adoption and change management for an internal talent marketplace. This role would work closely with our Talent Acquisition team to focus internal mobility practices (search, hiring, onboarding and movement of internal talent from role to role) to focus on career development. This role would promote upskill/reskill initiatives to deliver diverse talent with skills for the future. This role will be accountable for piloting and scaling a skill-based perspective on talent and working with various platform owners to drive scale and integration (e.g. hiring, internal mobility, part-time gigs, learning solutions). This role will partner with business leaders, Managers and HR partners to create buy-in for career solutions and to deliver best-in-class, comprehensive education, experiences and exposure for our leaders and employees. This role works in a global HR Center of Excellence (COE) and will be accountable to work across various business functions and geographies to implement identified solutions.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for selection and implementation of global talent marketplace platform including piloting with select pilot groups, and then scaling across global business functions/geographies.
- Architect and implement the overarching global talent marketplace roadmap, and ensure design thinking/customer input is embedded in key decisions
- Partner with functional training leads, HRBPs and regional senior leaders to socialize career development solutions and integrate with functional talent processes/programs.
- Serves as a trusted advisor/consultant to the business by building the necessary relationships to prepare and influence the development of the talent marketplace.
- Completes the necessary change management activities to infuse a talent marketplace approach across geographies and functions
- Defines data needs, dashboards and analysis to assess overall marketplace impact against key talent indicators
- Partners across talent and diversity team to create and progress an orientation from jobs toward skills (assessment, development, hiring), and partners closely with other Talent teams (TA, Learning, Diversity) to define and evolve Amgens philosophy around skill management.
- Partners with external vendors, where appropriate and manages budget and vendor agreements
- Partners with HR technology function to craft a technology roadmap and connections between marketplace and other HR solutions.
- Defines employee movement policies and movement approach (time-in-role requirements, project-based options, non-traditional career pathing) based on employee experience, qualifications, education, capabilities, aspirations and skills and in collaboration with the business and HR COEs.
- Builds and maintains and environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage in support of the companys diversity, inclusion and belonging strategy.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Talent development professional we seek is savvy, experienced and motivated to deliver results of the highest level. The Talend Development Sr Manager will have the following qualifications.Basic Qualifications
Doctorate degree & 2 years of Human Resources experience,Or
Masters degree & 4 years of Human Resources experience,Or
Bachelors degree & 6 years of Human Resources experienceOr
Associates degree & 10 years of Human Resources experienceOr
High school diploma / GED & 12 years of Human Resources experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Experience standing up a global talent management technology platform or global talent processes
- Experience finding opportunities to introduce Talent Marketplace initiatives and driving those change management efforts enterprise-wide
- Proven ability to influence business partners and other key stakeholders to adopt comprehensive initiatives tailored to business needs, using data insights and leveraging opportunities to drive a Talent Marketplace culture
- Experience collaborating with key stakeholders to identify requirements and make recommendations on talent platforms and technologies.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.