Manager, Contracts & Pricing Execution (US-Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Manager, Contract and Pricing ExecutionLive
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be a key member of US Value and Access (US V&A) specifically within the Managed Care Rebates team.
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring complete and accurate processing of payer contractual rebates in the Global Contracts and Pricing System (GCPS) to support the timely calculation, execution, and reporting of contracted discounts extended to customers.
- Operates within a fast-paced environment and closely collaborates with several cross-functional groups including IS, Payer Contracting, Coverage and Pricing, Market Access, Government Pricing, Finance and Legal
- Acts as the operations lead for assigned accounts and will be managing a team that will assist with the discount process, documentation, and execution of contractual payer rebates for the assigned accounts are performed in accordance with US Contracts Operations and Government Pricing SOPs, Sarbanes Oxley, and other policy and procedures that impact the Contract Operations area
- Develop spreadsheet models for moderately complex financial analyses, deliver formal presentations, lead special projects, participate in rebate contract development and review, collaborate with IS to assist in system requirements development, and identify/recommend process improvements and lead implementation efforts
- Will also execute as a business lead for the Payer Team and participate in system implementation efforts currently ongoing on a new rebate management system, which includes but not limited to, working with 3rd party vendor in business testing of functional requirements, documentation of formal testing, communicating issues and/or defects, and supplying insights in ongoing project meetings.
- Position will also include supervisory responsibilities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a strategic individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
Masters degree and 2 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 4 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of sales, marketing, finance, commercial contracts and/or transaction processing operations experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of sales, marketing, finance, contracts and/or transaction processing operations experienceAndSupervisory/management experience
- 4+ years of experience in sales & marketing, finance/accounting, commercial contracts or sales operations experience
- Commercial experience or experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment with emphasis in Sales and Marketing
- Knowledge of commercial drug discount space and rebate operations preferable.
- Ability to lead staff and provide clear and concise expectations, and have open development and feedback discussions
- Track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Very strong computer & M/S Office skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- Translates high volumes of data into substantial information to support key business decisions
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
- Complex problem-solving capability that identifies problems within the department and develops solutions from a strategic and operational perspective
- Completes projects and makes decisions with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- Self-motivates and leads a project from inception to completion
- Thinks strategically (can see the big picture) while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
- Tolerance and navigating through ambiguous situations
- Strong presentation skills
- Can effectively articulate and influence a meeting outcome with internal partners with some managerial support
- Standout colleague, looks for ways to support team members
- Ability to take the initiative, problem solve, work independently, and exercise appropriate business judgment.
- Strong investigative, and organizational skills to prioritize multiple contending interests.
- Data monitoring, analysis and validation skills
- Optimally represents their team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups
- Ability to Interpret and apply regulations associated with relevant legal issues
- Prior staff management experience preferred.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.