Supplier Performance Management Sr Mgr
The Supplier Performance Management Senior Manager, within Global Development Operations (GDO), is a leadership role within the Supplier Performance Management Team, with a particular emphasis on digital health technologies and Decentralized Clinical Trials (DCT).
This is a dynamic industry, and as such, Amgen is currently partnering with a number of emerging technology & DCT companies to support our clinical development programs, to deliver innovative new drugs for our patients. This role is both impactful and multifaceted in scope and responsibilities, and you will have an opportunity to shape our digital health technologies projects and DCT, as well as, ensuring that our suppliers deliver effective services and technology solutions.
- Provide leadership and technical direction for the evaluation, qualification, selection, and oversight of technical suppliers
- Collaborate with internal Amgen Organizations such as Digital Health & Innovation, Digital Medicine Therapeutic Areas leads, Global Development Operations leaders to ensure that an adequate supply of qualified suppliers is available to provide the technical and operational requirements for Amgen clinical trials
- Ensure high quality relationships (liaison) with internal Amgen Organizations such as Digital Health & Innovation, Digital Medicine and Global Development Operations teams
- Collaborate with study and site management teams on operational implementation of digital or DCT solutions
- Lead supplier functional management team governance activities
- Lead that supports and facilitates global execution and technical service supplier results
- Assist in research and assessment of new and emerging technical modalities/assays/devices/equipment/services
- Participate in and lead all aspects of governance activities
- Facilitate mentoring, training, and career development
Doctorate degree and 2 years of clinical experience
Masters degree and 6 years of clinical experience
Bachelors degree and 8 years of clinical experience
Associates degree and 10 years of clinical experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of clinical experience
- BS/BA/BSc in the sciences or RN
- 9+ years demonstrated ability in life sciences or medically related field, including 6+years of biopharmaceutical clinical research experience (clinical research experience acquired by working on clinical trials at a biotech, pharmaceutical, CRO or technical services supplier)
- Experience at, or oversight of, clinical research vendors (CROs, central labs, imaging vendors, medical device companies, DCT service providers, real world data aggregation etc.)
- Technologist in relevant area (e.g., imaging, laboratory, device technology) and their application to clinical trials
- Work experience in monitoring, quality control and auditing practices
- Device Design Review, User Acceptance Testing, Systems Development Life Cycle, Medical Device Regulation, Non-Conformance Reporting, Post Market Surveillance
- Management experience of direct reports, including management level
- Technical knowledge of the assigned area of focus including techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- FDA regulations and guidelines, including 21 CFR Part 11, ISO 13485, FDA 510(k) premarket notification, CE marking
- Quality Management System processes
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.