Neuroscience Area Sales Manager - Psychiatry - Connecticut/Rhode Island
Territory: Connecticut/Rhode Island - Psychiatry
Will consider candidates who live within 100 miles of territory boundaries with access to a major airport. Territory boundaries include: Connecticut and Rhode Island
At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
As an Area Sales Manager (ASM) you will be responsible for leading, developing, and managing a diverse, high performing sales team to achieve sales goals for promoted products within our psychiatry portfolio. Set and lead the development of area strategic direction and tactical sales plans using robust analytical skills to identify strengths and opportunities, while minimizing weaknesses and threats to execute those plans and meet or exceed sales goals.
- Achieves business objectives and sales results by observing Account Manager interactions with target customers, extended treatment team members, ancillary staff and providing them with individual coaching, feedback and inspiration. Helps Account Manager continue to develop for success in current role and for future growth.
- Establishes a result driven highly collaborative team culture by demonstrating personal accountability, teamwork, and collaboration
- Leads by example and works collaboratively across functional areas by serving as a resource and by leveraging the expertise of others.
- Recruits, develops, and retains diverse, high performing Account Managers to Lundbeck.
Knowing the Business
- Guides the identification of local market systems of care, patient flow, reimbursement, and provides innovation solutions
- Identifies strategic relationships that are valuable to the area’s business (e.g. KOLs, advocacy, P&T committee, etc.)
- Actively seeks to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by building relationships and delivering innovative solutions.
- Ensures that Account Managers can accurately craft Managed Markets selling messages to effectively position Lundbeck’s products within the context of the provider’s setting and payer mix.
- Sets and maintains competent product knowledge and selling skills standards within the team. Directs and monitors the execution of approved marketing plans and promotion campaigns. Evaluate and identify improvement and development opportunities of account managers through performance management process to include clear, timely, and actionable feedback on a regular basis.
- Facilitates local market execution by aligning the sales force and other cross-functional areas (to include alliance partners), persuading, convincing, or motivating a targeted audience through collaboration and direct or indirect influence.
- Analyzes sales reports and develops plan of action.
- Maintains timely communication with account managers, management and in-house personnel. Manages multiple priorities and resources related to individual and group efforts. Takes responsibility for redirecting efforts as needed to deliver high productivity and quality of work from self and others.
- Assures adherence to all standards, policies, procedures and guidelines as set forth by the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
- External Candidates: Minimum of 3+ years sales management experience in Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical’s, Biologics or related experience.
- Internal Candidates must have a minimum of 1 year of Commercial experience in areas such as: Sales Management, Training, Market Access, Sales Operations, or Marketing or a minimum of 2 years consistent sales success within Lundbeck
- Documented track record of sales success and financial management.
- Demonstrated leadership with the ability to develop, train and provide feedback to a group of account managers.
- Must possess superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Driving is an essential duty of this job; must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
- Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck.
- Must live within 100 miles of territory boundaries
- The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof upon hire, or request a medical or religious accommodation
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous CNS sales management experience
- Previous sales management experience and/or experience in other areas of the business; i.e., marketing, sales training, managed care account manager, sales operations, account management is a plus.
- Previous experience in Injectable/Infusion and/or Buy and Bill products
- Previous experience working with alliance partners (i.e. co-promotions)
- Previous experience partnering with Advocacy groups
- Previous experience building and developing effective teams
- Experience in product launch or expansion within sales
- Willingness/Ability to travel up to 70% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) attend internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
The range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Connecticut, if selected for this role, and may vary based on various factors such as the candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and proficiency for the role. Salary Pay Range: $140,000 - $170,000 and eligibility for a sales incentive target of $48,000, and eligibility to participate in the company’s long-term incentive plan. Benefits for this position include flexible paid time off (PTO), health benefits to include Medical, Dental and Vision, company match 401k and company car. Additional benefits information can be found on our career site.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.