Corporate Counsel (Brand/Commercial)
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.Summary
Independently handles legal projects, as assigned, and provides support to applicable Legal Affairs Leadership Attorneys as part of the Legal Affairs team. The Corporate Counsel will serve as the primary legal advisor point person for assigned functions (including, possibly, global functions within the US) and/or compounds/brands and/or other projects, responsibility to draft and review contracts as well as perform legal research to advise business customers on legal and regulatory issues impacting the Commercial and Research & Development business. Some coordination with outside counsel is anticipated, although it is anticipated that the majority of work will be performed without reliance on outside counsel. Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary legal advisor point person for one or more internal business customers and/or products and/or compounds and/or other legal matters. Provide comprehensive legal support to the various business customers/functions and/or products/compounds, regarding all contracts, vendors, projects, advertising/promotion, training materials, program design, clinical studies or documentation for clinical trials, etc. Assigned to support various legal matters (e.g., legal projects, etc. or litigation related matters, or aspects/projects of litigation, claims, such as third-party subpoenas, etc.)
- Prepares and provides legal review of Company documents such as contracts and correspondence (e.g., to regulatory agencies and clinical study sites) related to Company products and/or compounds, including providing legal guidance memos, both independently and for review, approval, and use by management and/or business customers. Independently negotiates contract language and other issues with third parties (vendors, etc.).
- Creates corporate policies. procedures and/or instructions, as assigned, and/or provides legal review of such documents under the supervision of their management.
- Monitors current developments in several key legal areas, as assigned, and provides Legal Affairs colleagues and assigned business customers, when requested, with updates regarding same.
JD from Law School of recognized standing required
Admission to NJ Bar and/or qualification for NJ limited in-house license (with reciprocal Bar Admission in another state) required Experience Qualifications
- 4 or More Years post-law school experience preferred
- 1 or More Years pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience, particularly in contracting and FDA regulatory issues preferred
- 1 or More Years prior experience on specific business customers within pharmaceutical industry (e.g., IT, Medical Affairs, Sales/Marketing, Managed Markets, Pharmacovigilance, Supply Chain, Compliance, Quality Assurance, pharma-specific litigation issues, promotional brand review, etc.) preferred
- Relevant in-house corporate and/or litigation experience. Experience in oncology therapeutic area is a plus. preferred.
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.