R&D Specialist, Immunoscreening (Immunology & Inflammation Focus)
We are looking for a highly motivated R&D Specialist to join our Therapeutic Antibody Immunoscreening team. In this role you will contribute to the identification of potential therapeutic antibodies, in vitro characterization and selection process of the lead molecules in early discovery stage.
As a specialist you will be expected to develop and optimize recombinant protein and cell-based immunoassays suitable for high-throughput antibody screenings with a focus on Immunology and Inflammation group of targets and perform high-throughput screening assays, compile screening data and report findings to the team.A Typical Day in the Role of Specialist Might Look Like:
- Design and optimize immunoassays to assess functional properties of antibody therapeutics with referencing protocols.
- Design and execute cell-binding assays to categorize the diversity of antibodies in the collection.
- Execute assays according to established protocols as a part of antibody high throughput screenings.
- Perform high throughput mammalian cell binding assays and maintain mammalian cell cultures.
- Optimize assays for in vitro quantitative characterization of the lead antibodies.
- Compile and analyze data by Excel and graphing software.
- Keep manager and the project team informed of experimental results, prepare written and oral presentations to the screening team and interdepartmental project team.
- Keep accurate records of experimental procedures and results.
- Have a strong understanding in immunology with hands-on experience in immunoassay development
- Maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, deadline driven and project-oriented team environment
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This role requires 1-5+ year demonstrated ability with a Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with relevant hands-on bench research/development experience required. Strong background in in vitro protein characterization, such as quantitative ligand/receptor or antigen/antibody binding characterization in the field of biochemistry or immunology preferred. Aseptic techniques and human and mouse cell culturing skills preferred. Experience with immunoassay and cell-based assay development (multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA, electro-chemiluminescent-based technology) and experience with high throughput screening experience and familiarity with liquid handlers are beneficial. Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, and graphing software required. Must be able to multitask and perform data analysis under time pressure. Ideal candidate should have experience working independently as well as a collaborative team member and communicate effectively within a large team. Excellent adaptability and flexibility essential.Great attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.